By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft to acquire Square-Enix

This is a very interesting hypothetical. If Microsoft were to acquire Square-Enix, what would happen? Surely kingdom hearts 3 and FF13 would be xbox 360 exclusives. Microsoft would continue DS support, but would they cancel current PSP projects, or complete them and then drop support for the PSP? And what would Microsoft do about Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors? Since it is almost ready for America, I think they would probably complete that game, and cancel the Wii version of Chocobo Tales and FFCC (Chocobo Tales would probably be remade for 360, and I am not sure what Microsoft would do with FFCC) Also, I think if Microsoft acquired Square-Enix, they should remake FF7 for 360 with improved graphics and an improved narrative.

Now the question is, is Microsoft capable of buying Square-Enix (is it atainable, or would S-E never sell?) If it is attainable, how much would it cost? And finally, would it be worth it? I think it would be worth it. Microsoft could likely win in Japan if they acquired S-E. All they would have to do is cut the price of the 360 by around $50 in Japan around the time FF13 is released, AND bundle in Blue Dragon witht he 360 FOR FREE. Then they would win. If Microsoft won Japan, they would likely come in a very strong second WW, and would have a great shot at dominating the next console war if they played their cards right. (pricing, ripping off the Wiimote correctly, ect) What do you guys think? Should Microsoft try to acquire S-E? I think they should try- if they are planning on entering the console wars next gen.

edit- I hope I didn't gave anyone a heart attack with the title... 

Around the Network

If someone can aquaire S-E do you think sony wouldnt have done it by now? Naw I dont think it will happen, but if it does, the 360 would win this gen.

mM

I'm sure Square Enix would love being Microsoft's bitch.

Didn't MS try that before, only to get rejected!?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

What if Microsoft bought Sony? It's about as likely.

Around the Network

The title is very misleading.

I was going to comment " That is a worst rumor than Sony buying Rockstar"

Misleading title FTL

Thread title fails, sorries

Well, FF 13 will come out on PS3 due to contracts.

But, Sony has the biggest foothold in SE as they own like 8 or 9 % of it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Borkachev said:
What if Microsoft bought Sony? It's about as likely.

I guess with all Bill gates money it is still impossible to buy all Sony's division.