By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 Sales Discussion

YAY!! I knew place to whine! Still fresh only 4 pages. Hope they weren't burnt out from the other threads.

Edit:

Oops.. I made it 5 pages on my screen

Around the Network

Compared to my girl, Killzone 2 will have terrible legs.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Ouch.  I don't think Killzone 2 could do THAT bad.

makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:

Ouch.  I don't think Killzone 2 could do THAT bad.

At least im not comparing it to your girl. She has no legs!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Hmm, Killzone 2 is almost officially IMO the 3rd biggest FPS series on consoles in this generation.

Yay?

Boo?

In any case its some pretty solid work there, I was disapointed in how R2 diminished against the likes of COD, however I believe that KZ has the stuff like GoW/Halo to go head to head against COD and prosper which is something very few FPS/shooters themselves can manage.

god of war is not a shooter :).

i know you mean gears of war, but thats GeoW :P

Around the Network

About KZ2 possibly somehow wasting part of its potential launching far from Xmas, I'll rewrite what I wrote in a locked thread: GG wouldn't be wrong to make a good mission pack and launch it before next Xmas, together with an edition of the complete original game + expansion pack to lure people not owning it yet. And let's be clear, a mission pack, reasonably priced, not a hastily written sequel that would piss fans and ruin the franchise, it's in their interest to "milk" the series, but not to get it inflationed possibly killing it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Imo Killzone 2 did good didnt expect more really.

Am I the mere one that thinks that the Killzone 2 sales are a bit disappointing? 726k in four days is not something bad, I agree, but this is actually Killzone 2 – the Halo on PlayStation!

Anyway, fastest-selling FPS' on PlayStation 3 :

Call of Duty: World at War - 736k in 4 days.

Killzone 2 - 726 in 4 days.

CoD: MW - 445k in 4 days.

Kantor said:

It's a little bit stupid to compare this to Halo 3. Nobody said it would be a Halo killer. Nobody. It would have been lucky to get a third of Halo 3's first week sales. Halo is a massive series with Microsoft advertising and a vast loyal fanbase. Also, holiday season release...

No body you say? You sure about that? http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=62423 That is an interesting thread when you think about it then. I mean, if it doesn't exist, how can we read it? What you should be saying is no one reasonable claimed it would be a Halo killer. Lots of over the top rabbid fanboys claimed it would be the Halo killer. Some of them still do say it. I have issues with other parts of your post as well, but I am too lazy to address them now.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

LegendaryOpponent said:

Am I the mere one that thinks that the Killzone 2 sales are a bit disappointing? 726k in four days is not something bad, I agree, but this is actually Killzone 2 – the Halo on PlayStation!

Anyway, fastest-selling FPS' on PlayStation 3 :

Call of Duty: World at War - 736k in 4 days.

Killzone 2 - 726 in 4 days.

CoD: MW - 445k in 4 days.

A little below what I expected, I wouldn't call them disappointing, though. Killzone 2 is not the PlayStation's Halo. Hell, apart from the fact that they are both FPS, they have nothing in common. It's like comparing Oblivion to Final Fantasy XII. Both are technically RPGs...

Anybody who thought this could sell even half of Halo 3's first week sales is extremely delusional. Halo did some 3.8 million first week. It did 900k in Europe, and yet some people stubbornly kept believing that Killzone 2 had 1.1 million preorders in Europe alone. Retailers!

I think it's a better game, but it won't sell more than half of what Halo 3 finishes at.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective