By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 Sells 725K in its First week WW (just short of COD5) - thoughts?

Zomb1337 said:
Gears 1 = 600k WW first week
Gears 2 = 900k WW first week
Halo 3 = 3.8m WW first week

Killzone shouldve released around the holidays.

Gears 1 did 900k WW 1st week, and Gears 2 did 1.9 million WW 1st week.

I do agree though, KZ2 should've waited for the holidays.

Around the Network

I predicted around 600K i believe. So this is nice.

4 ≈ One

if you consider the hype - dissapointing sales
if you ignore the hype - good sales for a PS3 exclusive

great release. Basically tying (or passing when we get Japan sales) the sequel to the biggest FPS game since Halo 3 (CoD4) is pretty amazing.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

darthdevidem01 said:
@nojustno

we don't know that yet

the game cost a lot

there will be profit

but nowhere near the amount SONY has amassed from LBP

_____-

@ALL

4th best opening week for a PS3 game!!

A. I'm not sure there will be profit at all.

B. This game didn't move hardware.

C. This game almost beat the PS3 version of CoD5, not "CoD5." CoD5, overall, destroyed this game in sales, it's a joke to compare the two.

D. Just be happy with the reviews. These sales were expected, and even if they weren't, they are barely above expectations. No megaton here, barely a ripple, move on.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

KZ2 done brill for the time of year

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Good Job GG. Almost beat PS3 version of CoD5. Seems like KZ2 is in good company.

GG wouldn't be wrong to make a good mission pack and launch it before next Xmas, together with an edition of the complete original game + expansion pack to lure people not owning it yet.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@nojustno

we don't know that yet

the game cost a lot

there will be profit

but nowhere near the amount SONY has amassed from LBP

_____-

@ALL

4th best opening week for a PS3 game!!

A. I'm not sure there will be profit at all.

B. This game didn't move hardware.

C. This game almost beat the PS3 version of CoD5, not "CoD5." CoD5, overall, destroyed this game in sales, it's a joke to compare the two.

D. Just be happy with the reviews. These sales were expected, and even if they weren't, they are barely above expectations. No megaton here, barely a ripple, move on.

A. your wrong.....someone did calculations n made the killzone 2 breaking even point at 2.2 Million.....1.2 Million copies shipped to EU already....thats easily profitable

B. Yes it did.....13K in NA & EU....= 26K.....those 26K PS3's weren't sold because of 50 Cent: blood on the sand (the other PS3 debut of the week)

C. I was implying COD 5 PS3 version....everyone in the thread has understood that....but ofcourse COD in itself is bigger than halo now.

D. Move on? WTH....its a thread for people's opinions.....impressive imo to sell near COD 5 opening week levels....no big deal.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

There are way too many threads on this. Keep the sales talk here.