By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 Sells 725K in its First week WW (just short of COD5) - thoughts?

All in all, Killzone 2 is a masterpiece.

That said, its sales are an insult to Sony and Guerilla. It should be 1.5 million or higher.

Around the Network

@the prophet

well your the prophet

DO SOMETHING!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Gears 1 = 600k WW first week
Gears 2 = 900k WW first week
Halo 3 = 3.8m WW first week

Killzone shouldve released around the holidays.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

i predict KZ2 at least goest to 1.5 mil, because sony need this games to sell a lot. so 725K, seems bit low.

I can't shake the expectation that the game will do 3-3.5M.

Tease.

Around the Network

i think it did good considering they took out blind fire and the whole cover system from online and all the other factors high HW price, bad economy, slow part of the season, and relatively new game nothing to back it up since the past KZ were meh

i would of liked to C it a near a mill but het the ps3 looks like it will take 2nd in HW this week

Play Me

I predicted 800k

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
darthdevidem01 said:
@the prophet

well your the prophet

DO SOMETHING!

I would....if I liked Sony.

I admit the game is a masterpiece and deserves to sell more then it did......but im also happy it didnt even sell 1/4 of Halo 3 week 1 sales.

@thekitchensink

you were closer than crazzyman ;)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Zomb1337 said:
Gears 1 = 600k WW first week
Gears 2 = 900k WW first week
Halo 3 = 3.8m WW first week

Killzone shouldve released around the holidays.

Just to make a few additions/corrections:

Gears 1 = 5 million user base when released (as opposed to 20 million for KZ2)

Gears 2 = 1.9 million 1st week (really 3 days since it was released on a Friday)

Gears 1 - 2 released at the same time as CoD3 -5, and Gears 1 released at PS3/Wii launch, thus much more competition for holiday dollars (inlcuding the multiple great games during Gears 2 launch (Fable 2, Fallout 3, L4D, etc).

Resistance 2 was launched during holiday season, thus KZ2 would have too much competition.

KZ2 sales will mirror that of resistance 2 (percentage wise) despite not being in holiday season, as there are no major shooters due anytime soon.