By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - BioWare Expands Mass Effect 2 Team

Any game that has the scope of Mass Effect vs. the scope of KZ2 can't really be compared. One has all the fighting done in small, tight corridors, the other is beyond epic, spanning star systems, planets, and cities.

I wonder if this 30 person addition is to push for a November-December 2009 timeframe?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
antfromtashkent said:
to tell you the truth i actually dont see how Killzone 2 is better graphics than Masseffect.... maybie its just me... *ponders*

Are you serious? Killzones graphics destroy ME's. ME was a gameplay and storyboard achievement but was still visually pleasing. The next one should be better.

Lol im sorry but i honestly dont see it... Maybie the enviroments in KZ are better... but the charecter models in ME are second to none.... except for the original skipper.... i will say that maybie...since i played the game a while ago my preception might be a bit squed, because the first time i saw ME charecters i was in awe

LOL bro, the in-game graphics of KZ2 is still better than ME's cinematics. ME's graphics were a visual achievement for the time that it came out. I can't blame you really when I think about it in that perspective. The graphics of ME2 should be much better.

badgenome said:
antfromtashkent said:
to tell you the truth i actually dont see how Killzone 2 is better graphics than Masseffect.... maybie its just me... *ponders*

Technically speaking? I don't see how it's even close.

Aesthetics are another thing entirely.

I think that nastalgia is kicking my ass :/ i appologize

mrstickball said:
Any game that has the scope of Mass Effect vs. the scope of KZ2 can't really be compared. One has all the fighting done in small, tight corridors, the other is beyond epic, spanning star systems, planets, and cities.

I wonder if this 30 person addition is to push for a November-December 2009 timeframe?

My thoughts exactly.

And if all it does is bring the game to exactly where it would have been by the March release date only earlier, I'm all for it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Damn I was hoping they were on course to release this game soon. Is the additional 30 ppl to get it out this year?

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

All KZ2 fights are in small corridors? What? Have you played the game?

Asmo said:
mrstickball said:

All KZ2 fights are in small corridors? What? Have you played the game?

In gaming terms a "corridor" does not neccessarily mean a "hallway."  IT refers to a guided experience.

Killzone 2's corridors are not particularly wide at all.  Certainly not compared to the open world environments found in much of Mass Effect.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

In gaming terms a "corridor" does not neccessarily mean a "hallway."  IT refers to a guided experience.

Killzone 2's corridors are not particularly wide at all.  Certainly not compared to the open world environments found in much of Mass Effect.

But that has no influence on the graphics. If you talk about map size or how far you can see then yes, but in Killzone 2 some maps are pretty big and you can actually see very far.

hmm so they are hiring more people for the Ps3 port

LOL

j/k

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Asmo said:
starcraft said:

But that has no influence on the graphics. If you talk about map size or how far you can see then yes, but in Killzone 2 some maps are pretty big and you can actually see very far.

How much is onscreen vs. what's in Mass Effect? I haven't played KZ2 to make an apt comparison, but from my understanding there are no trees, are there? Are there any large, presidium-like areas with many different objects on screen of varying geometry and colors?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.