By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does buying a game does give you the right to be CRITICAL of it?

Yeah if you have never played the game, how can you be critical of it. It kills me to see people on gaming forums bitch about something they have never played, for a system they dont even own

Around the Network

i hate when people ssay how bad a game is even when they they dont own the console it is on

but on a another hand all the(most of the)games for the wii(third party) suck(i mean are crap) :P

:p

you are indeed right j guy. just like how i loath vesperia.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
you are indeed right j guy. just like how i loath vesperia.

The J man is not some generic fan you see everywhere else , please show the the proper respect to the J MAN!!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

More so then being critical of a game without having played it.

Around the Network

You get more of a right, but you have the right to say what you will

You can criticize based within your limited knowledge, but obviously you have to be more careful the less informed you are, lest you, for instance, accidentally harp on Dead Space for being "just another shoot 'em up" or something like that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It gives you the right to praise and criticise it, to say that you disliked or even hated it.

It does not, however, give you permission to refer to the game as "Failzone" and start spamming this wonderful new word you have created everywhere. It does not give you permission to state your opinion as a fact. It does not give you permission to say that everyone who likes the game is a fanboy.

I've seen all three of these, from different people.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Full rights only if you've played the game, limited rights if you base your criticism well even without playing the game.

jesus kung fu magic said:

The J man has seen recently that people have been attacking reviews from members that are critical of KZ2, so the J man asks you , who is entitled to be critical of a game? Is it the people who actually buy and play the game? Or, is it the trolls/blind sheep that have the right?

The J man believes it is obviously the ones who buy and play the game that should voice their opinion without getting flamed.

Bit of a leading question there...

If you present the question

Is it the people who actually buy and play the game? Or, would you like to give me all your wordly possesions?

Then you shouldn't be too surprised when people respond with the former.

So my response is that anyone who puts thought and research into their statement is allowed to judge. The stronger a response you give the more research you need to do.

ie after just hearing the name Killzone, you are entitled to say "I don't like violent games and thus don't think I would enjoy it". But you do not have the right to say it is a bad ame

if you own and finish the game then you have the right to take any position you want about the game, as long as you can back it up with reasons. Thi still does not give you the right to take a position and present it in a stupid manner, ie Failzone comments

If you have played it at a friends, or have read (and I mean read, not just looked at the number at the bottom) a few reviews or even gotten into an in depth discussion about the gameplay with someone then you also have the right to hold any position you want, as long as you can back it up.

It is true that you should be aloud to express your like or dislike towards any game of your choice if you have purchased it, but it does not give you the right to insult anyone or provoke anyone that is enjoying the game.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller