By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does buying a game does give you the right to be CRITICAL of it?

*This is a J man moment*

The J man has seen recently that people have been attacking reviews from members that are critical of KZ2, so the J man asks you , who is entitled to be critical of a game? Is it the people who actually buy and play the game? Or, is it the trolls/blind sheep that have the right?

The J man believes it is obviously the ones who buy and play the game that should voice their opinion without getting flamed.

(This could have happened before with any other game but the J man is using KZ2 as an example as it is more recent)

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

You're right. People usually get attacked when their nitpicks are not a problem for others but everyone should count as long as they've played the game.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Yes. If I buy a game with my own money, I should be allowed to hate it if I so wish. On that note, I really disliked Kingdom Hearts.

Being critical is ok

but when you assume someone is being more of a troll than critical.....then that person ACTUALLY gets banned for trolling against the game he was critically reviewing

then you know somethings up & maybe your assumption was right

{the user is garnett}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

He wasnt banned for the review , he was banned for a post in another thread.

Around the Network

@j man

I know but he was banned for trolling against KZ2 by calling it FAILzone 2 in that thread

I cannot trust the review of killzone 2 by someone who sound so biased like that

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Of course buying a game gives you a front row seat in the critical aisle. Logically theres no way around it if you have a good eye. I'm critical of plenty of games that i've had. Gaming today just isn't as satisfying as it used to be. I actually get a kick out of like 3 out of 10 games I buy in a given year. This is why i've dropped my purchasing amount.

Fuck yes, it certainly does.

YEAH. I just don't like when people Be CRITICAL OF A GAME THEY NEVER PLAY.

darthdevidem01 said:
@j man

I know but he was banned for trolling against KZ2 by calling it FAILzone 2 in that thread

I cannot trust the review of killzone 2 by someone who sound so biased like that

Did you read the comments before he said that? The J man honestly would have said things that would have perma-banned him if he was in garnetts shoes.