By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

Well, Halo 3 is two years old.

Around the Network
SnakeEyez said:
numonex said:
I disagree with this article. Graphics should be in here as well and Kill Zone 2 would win that category. In regards to all the other categories Halo 3 is a better game than Killzone 2.
MP, Story, Weapons, enemies, replayability are all categories Halo 3 has advantage over Killzone 2.
BTW: The article is written by Gamepro who are biased towards Sony and PS3.

And ur not biased towards the 360? Why should we take ur opinion over theirs. Anyways, While I agree with the article, I'm smart enough to know that this is just an opinion and neither game is objectively better.

Lol @ that one guy that said that KZ2 got a 91 avg because it's graphics, and real score would be 86. Now that is just nonsense.

Controls is another area where Halo 3 is superior to Killzone 2. Halo 3 is easy to pick up and play and it has good controls in the game includes Auto-Aim. Killzone 2 has sluggish controls that feel heavy.Killzone 2 has no Auto-Aim.

Sales and popularity: Halo 3 is a huge popular game which will be played in years to come. Halo 3 will reach 10 million+ LTD. Killzone 2 will be lucky if it breaks 3 million sales LTD.

SnakeEyez said:
numonex said:
I disagree with this article. Graphics should be in here as well and Kill Zone 2 would win that category. In regards to all the other categories Halo 3 is a better game than Killzone 2.
MP, Story, Weapons, enemies, replayability are all categories Halo 3 has advantage over Killzone 2.

And ur not biased towards the 360? Why should we take ur opinion over theirs. Anyways, While I agree with the article, I'm smart enough to know that this is just an opinion and neither game is objectively better.

Lol @ that one guy that said that KZ2 got a 91 avg because it's graphics, and real score would be 86. Now that is just nonsense.

Gamepro put over Halo in alot of the statements but contradicted themselves and gave the edge to KZ2.

numonex said:
SnakeEyez said:
numonex said:

Controls is another area where Halo 3 is superior to Killzone 2. Halo 3 is easy to pick up and play and it has good controls in the game includes Auto-Aim. Killzone 2 has sluggish controls that feel heavy.Killzone 2 has no Auto-Aim.

Sales and popularity: Halo 3 is a huge popular game which will be played in years to come. Halo 3 will reach 10 million+ LTD. Killzone 2 will be lucky if it breaks 3 million sales LTD.

While I'll agree with u that Halo 3's controls are better than KZ2, how does that make it a better game. Having auto-aim does not make the game better, just makes it accessible to more people. Sales and popularity, again, do not make the game better. You are arguing an opinion, AKA what I like, not a fact.

I repeat again here... until Killzone 2 can produce its own Griffball, I don't think it is ready to be called a "Halo Killer". To plug my own thread:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=62445&page=1

Around the Network

wow i dont think any shooter can even come close to becoming a Halo Killer

I vote for Conduit! :P

TheTruthHurts! said:
KZ2 Mulitplayer better than Halo 3's.......sorry, pepsi just came out my nose.......KZ2 is an amazing title, but nothing surpases Halo 3's multi-player (yet).

But the writter is entitled to his opionion......(cleans pepsi off his shirt).

Oh, you're a Pepsi drinker.  Sorry, but that invalidates your opinion.  If you can't even pick the right soda (Coke >>> Pepsi), how can you pick the right multiplayer FPS?

Wait, something just hit me.  What was that?  This is subjective!?!

why are we comparing games that are almost a year and a half apart. this is assinine. honostly.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Darc Requiem said:
I'm not a big Halo fan but KZ2 just game out. So how can it win multiplayer and replayability. Shouldn't those metrics be reviewed at a later date? Halo 3 is still one of the most played games on XBL and its been out for over a year.

QFMFT.  Also, there is no way KZ2 can compete with Forge/Theater modes in the extras department,