By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

What's the point in declaring which game is better if obviously most people here only played one of them? Do articles like this make you feel better? Is the opinion of 2 men who wrote it that important to you?

Well, guess what? While these 2 guys at gamepro agree with you, about 4-7 millions of people dont.

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
Obviously a PS3 fanboy opinion.

Enemies (Good mono enemies vs. Good colored variety) and single player (Both are pretty epic to me) at the very least sounded like a coin toss.

Finally, when KZ2 has been out for a year and a half and is still at or near the top of the PSN most played games then it will be able to talk about multi-player and replayability. Until then, this is purely speculation. And how can it win multi-player with no co-op?

I believe it is a good game. Stop the comparisons though as it is simply a good game on its own. It is not Halo or CoD or Gears or Resistance or Half-Life. It is KZ2 and KZ2 is good.

KZ > Resistance. Pure ownage on PSN guaranteed. Not much competition really. LOLz.

peshkavus said:
free online play = K2 wins
split screen with my buddies = Halo 3

MP = tie

Single play = tie

Stories = Halo 3

Gameplay = k2 (free mp online)

tie imo

Co-op = Halo 3 by a landslide.

Playing Killzone 2 online is amazing! Each class is as fun and balanced to play and its deep with medals and badges that are useful in game (like some medals grant you more points for mission objectives ect). Plus every week they reward the top 1,3,6,10% with Honor ranks which give you exclusive trophies and ribbons. Halo 3 is fun for a little bit but for me there is no incentive in playing multiplayer unless you got a friend or two to play with but other then that it is boring to play by yourself which Killzone 2 with so many things to unlock is not.

With 23+ Ribbons, 27 medals, 12 ranks, and 6 classes Killzone 2 is the deepest multiplayer FPS on consoles right now and thats why I agree with Killzone 2 beating Halo 3 in multiplayer. BTW for people who think Halo 3 is better online without playing KZ2 or think KZ2 is better without playing Halo 3 is a blind fanboy.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Euphoria14 said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Euphoria14 said:
In a game like Halo 3, are all weapons, etc.. available to all players from the get-go or do you need to work your way up while enduring massive frustration?

I am like 50 pts away from Engineer. Hopefully I begin to enjoy it then.

Single player was absolutely AMAZING for me, but I can't see myself playing the multiplayer long-term. I'd rather play Unreal Tournament. At least the battle field is equal for all player where skill is the only thing that separates you.

All weapons are available from the get-go and initial spawns are in a way that both teams have an equal chance of getting to the power weapons. The initial starting weapon is an assault rifle which is a relatively good weapon but I prefer to play in the MLG playlist which has battle rifle weapon start. It's the playlist the extremely competitive tournament players play. I think you would enjoy it if you ever played Halo, it's very balanced and fair.

Problem here though is that I won't pay to play online. I rented Halo 3 and enjoyed the story although I prefer Killzone 2's story more, although not to say Halo 3's wasn't good.

I am pretty positive though that I would love a game like Halo 3 when it came to multiplayer, yeah it may be slower than what I am used to (Which is also one of my issues with KZ2) since I am mainly a UT3 player right now. Still, having weapons laid out at spawn points and starting off completely balanced is more my kind of game.

Yea I know what you mean, I wish I didn't have to pay for online but seeing as how all my friends are online and I want to play with them I don't really have a choice.

However you can play Halo 3 online for free with a silver account. You just have to stay in the social playlists but theres a large and varied amount of those available anyways. There's actually a couple games you can play on xbox live for free, GoW being another one.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

BS. They gave the multiplayer to Killzone. I think they are just high on the moment. They should have waited three months or more, that would be a more accurate comparison of the two games.

segajon said:
BS. They gave the multiplayer to Killzone. I think they are just high on the moment. They should have waited three months or more, that would be a more accurate comparison of the two games.

Dont worry, the Halo 3 online mayhem will continue despite the launch of KZ2. This same thing happened when Gears 2 came out, then Halo 3 put Gears 2 to sleep. Lmao.

You know what I love about the VG Chartz community.............we have many die hard Sony/KZ2 fans who intelligently and (unbiasy I might add) have come into this thread and stated that Halo 3 is the better title in multi-player and other aspects, while KZ2 excels in others.

I think KZ2 is an awesome game, and truly a Gem for a FPS on the PS3. I would love to own it. The article is an opinion piece and everyone has there opinion, however the comparison isnt even intelligently written. The piece reads like a flame-bate article written solely to infuriate Halo and 360 fans. Similar to idiotic reviews that give a game of KZ2 caliber 70's just to get hits, or under a fans skin.

Thank you to those who are willing to give an educated opinion based on actual experience playing, vice a "shoot from the hip" response, or worse......being actual paid by a company to print crap written like this article.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
segajon said:

Dont worry, the Halo 3 online mayhem will continue despite the launch of KZ2. This same thing happened when Gears 2 came out, then Halo 3 put Gears 2 to sleep. Lmao.

Yeah and ODST will just add to h3's awesomeness.

segajon said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
segajon said:

Yeah and ODST will just add to h3's awesomeness.

Well, before that Halo 3 is getting an official Griffball court from Bungie.  I would look to see it transformed into a completely new mod, having nothing to do with Griffball, once the Halo community gets ahold of it.

I learned the hard way to NOT take on the Halo community and say ANYTHING has supplanted Halo 3, after my saying Gears 2 beat it, someone dumped on me a list of game modes that have come out since it was released.