By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

Thechalkblock said:
Well, Halo 3 is two years old.

two years old and destroyed Gears 2 online within a couple months of its launch reclaiming the top spot on Xbox Live again. Halo 3 will have the top spot for the majority of the gen on Live.

Around the Network
Bingoo said:
why are we comparing games that are almost a year and a half apart. this is assinine. honostly.

KZ2 was funded by Sony to be a proper comparison to Halo 3. Really...stop calling Sony and the videogame mags Assinine. xD

Mendicate Bias said:
Euphoria14 said:
In a game like Halo 3, are all weapons, etc.. available to all players from the get-go or do you need to work your way up while enduring massive frustration?

I am like 50 pts away from Engineer. Hopefully I begin to enjoy it then.

Single player was absolutely AMAZING for me, but I can't see myself playing the multiplayer long-term. I'd rather play Unreal Tournament. At least the battle field is equal for all player where skill is the only thing that separates you.

All weapons are available from the get-go and initial spawns are in a way that both teams have an equal chance of getting to the power weapons. The initial starting weapon is an assault rifle which is a relatively good weapon but I prefer to play in the MLG playlist which has battle rifle weapon start. It's the playlist the extremely competitive tournament players play. I think you would enjoy it if you ever played Halo, it's very balanced and fair.

Problem here though is that I won't pay to play online. I rented Halo 3 and enjoyed the story although I prefer Killzone 2's story more, although not to say Halo 3's wasn't good.

I am pretty positive though that I would love a game like Halo 3 when it came to multiplayer, yeah it may be slower than what I am used to (Which is also one of my issues with KZ2) since I am mainly a UT3 player right now. Still, having weapons laid out at spawn points and starting off completely balanced is more my kind of game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I agree. Storywise and Master Chief is cooler looking.

free online play = K2 wins
split screen with my buddies = Halo 3

MP = tie

Single play = tie

Stories = Halo 3

Gameplay = k2 (free mp online)

tie imo

Around the Network
peshkavus said:
free online play = K2 wins
split screen with my buddies = Halo 3

MP = tie

Single play = tie

Stories = Halo 3

Gameplay = k2 (free mp online)

tie imo

So basically PSN gives KZ2 the edge for you.

Lulz for Gamepro stating that Killzone 2 wins in Multiplayer.

In my obviously subjective opinion, Halo 3 wins everything except graphics when comparing the two games.

Halo is just too uber, when Killzone 2 can boast 150 hours average playtime then some people can talk, until then its obvious which game remains top dawg.

Tease.

You cunt have this much fun in KZ2.

Obviously a PS3 fanboy opinion.

Enemies (Good mono enemies vs. Good colored variety) and single player (Both are pretty epic to me) at the very least sounded like a coin toss.

Finally, when KZ2 has been out for a year and a half and is still at or near the top of the PSN most played games then it will be able to talk about multi-player and replayability. Until then, this is purely speculation. And how can it win multi-player with no co-op?

I believe it is a good game. Stop the comparisons though as it is simply a good game on its own. It is not Halo or CoD or Gears or Resistance or Half-Life. It is KZ2 and KZ2 is good.