By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

@euphoria14 - starting weapons can be preset before the match, and you find other weapons scattered around the field at specific spawn points (.....i've been known to hammer-camp a tad. theres something special about sending enemies flying)

as for the article - while i havent played KZ2, i still severely doubt it having higher replayability than H3. I would agree for the multiplayer being better on the aspect of different classes, but i think that its too soon to call it for KZ2 when the games' only been out a few weeks at best. shame that the only person i know with a PS3 probably won't pick up the game (nor LBP for that matter).

um..stuff

Around the Network

I prefer KZ2 because I don't have 360 and Halo doesn't interest me, nor does it have enough Black and Gray for me to think it looks awesome. KZ2 ftw.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
I prefer KZ2 because I don't have 360 and Halo doesn't interest me, nor does it have enough Black and Gray for me to think it looks awesome. KZ2 ftw.

So why do you like KZ2 again?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Oniichan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Oniichan said:
Both are great games they shouldn't even be compared.

Halo is for 360 players
Kz2 is for PS3 players

simple as that really.

What happens if you have both and can decide for yourself?

Easy as a gamer you just play them both. I dont see why games should be compared. Each are designed to do different things for the consumer.

No game is the same and they all do things differently. Hence why you shouldn't compare them.

Not this gen man. Sorry, but KZ2 was created to have a helm shooter to try and outsell the Halo franchise. This game was funded by Sony to be compared to Halo 3. Sony wants for FPS fans whom are at home in the states or have the 360 to buy a PS3 as well or over the other.

Yeah i say let the companies fight over that and compare their games. But as a gamer we can just enjoy them all for what they are without having to compare them to which is better then the other. We play what we like not what the companies tell us to like.

I disagree with this article. Graphics should be in here as well and Kill Zone 2 would win that category. In regards to all the other categories Halo 3 is a better game than Killzone 2.
MP, Story, Weapons, enemies, replayability are all categories Halo 3 has advantage over Killzone 2.
BTW: The article is written by Gamepro who are biased towards Sony and PS3.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
In a game like Halo 3, are all weapons, etc.. available to all players from the get-go or do you need to work your way up while enduring massive frustration?

I am like 50 pts away from Engineer. Hopefully I begin to enjoy it then.

Single player was absolutely AMAZING for me, but I can't see myself playing the multiplayer long-term. I'd rather play Unreal Tournament. At least the battle field is equal for all player where skill is the only thing that separates you.

All weapons are available from the get-go and initial spawns are in a way that both teams have an equal chance of getting to the power weapons. The initial starting weapon is an assault rifle which is a relatively good weapon but I prefer to play in the MLG playlist which has battle rifle weapon start. It's the playlist the extremely competitive tournament players play. I think you would enjoy it if you ever played Halo, it's very balanced and fair.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Heh, they should have made Graphic round and Gameplay round.
Then Killzone would have won 6 - 2.

Take my love, take my land..

I would have to disagree on some points, particulary the  mutipalyer replayability part, when he wrote this for KZ2:

"Though not tried and true as Halo's multiplayer experience, Killzone 2's multiplayer wins Round VI, giving it a one round lead over Halo 3 so far in this match up. I'm confident that gamers will be sucked into Killzone 2'sCall of Duty-caliber multiplayer experience."

"Killzone 2 doesn't have any crazy modes outside its single-player and multiplayer options, but the years it's taken for Guerilla Games to polish and perfect this beast of a first-person shooter's two main game types really shows."

Are you kidding me when he summarized those 2 points. Also, the article compared to too many games incuding MGs4, CoD4, CoD: WAW, Crysis, Doom.

But I do feel that KZ2 is the superior FPS. despite Halo 3 being a year and half old, KZ2 does flourish on gameplay and graphics as well being one of the best ps3 games to offer. But I do feel that the missing co-op and split screen does hurt it because it seems as its mroe of a 1 person game to begin with, where every1 playing it is 1 person playing 1 ps3 vs halo 3 u can have lan parties with 2 360's and such.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Also how does KZ2 beat H3 in replayability?H3 has a good number of skulls that you have to find and have some cool effects and can also make the game harder. It has local co-op and 4 player online co-op in campaign. It also has that meta game that has points so you can try and beat your friends online/on lan for the higher score. For online it has b.net that you can keep track of all your stats which makes you want to improve, it has sandbox/foundry so people can make some crazy ass maps AND share them easily. Bungie is also always adding x2 weekends/special weekend playlists/holiday playlists, and there going to start putting some sanbox player made varients into MM. Also it will have a total of 4 maps packs with 1 free map. I really dont see how KZ2 won.

Also forgot bungie is adding that render thing allowing people to save clips to there pc for easy montage making/video making etc

numonex said:
I disagree with this article. Graphics should be in here as well and Kill Zone 2 would win that category. In regards to all the other categories Halo 3 is a better game than Killzone 2.
MP, Story, Weapons, enemies, replayability are all categories Halo 3 has advantage over Killzone 2.
BTW: The article is written by Gamepro who are biased towards Sony and PS3.

And ur not biased towards the 360? Why should we take ur opinion over theirs. Anyways, While I agree with the article, I'm smart enough to know that this is just an opinion and neither game is objectively better.

Lol @ that one guy that said that KZ2 got a 91 avg because it's graphics, and real score would be 86. Now that is just nonsense.