By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

I'm sorry Killzone 2 gameplay doesn't even come close. You can hate what I say but I will say nothing more on the subject.

Around the Network

@STAGE

then you buy Shellshock 2

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@STAGE

LOL I heard that game was a piece of shit. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Oniichan said:
Both are great games they shouldn't even be compared.

Halo is for 360 players
Kz2 is for PS3 players

simple as that really.

What happens if you have both and can decide for yourself?

Easy as a gamer you just play them both. I dont see why games should be compared. Each are designed to do different things for the consumer.

No game is the same and they all do things differently. Hence why you shouldn't compare them.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@STAGE

LOL I heard that game was a piece of shit. :)

WHAT!

how can that be.....it looked like the most promising FPS ever!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Oniichan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Oniichan said:
Both are great games they shouldn't even be compared.

Halo is for 360 players
Kz2 is for PS3 players

simple as that really.

What happens if you have both and can decide for yourself?

Easy as a gamer you just play them both. I dont see why games should be compared. Each are designed to do different things for the consumer.

No game is the same and they all do things differently. Hence why you shouldn't compare them.

Not this gen man. Sorry, but KZ2 was created to have a helm shooter to try and outsell the Halo franchise. This game was funded by Sony to be compared to Halo 3. Sony wants for FPS fans whom are at home in the states or have the 360 to buy a PS3 as well or over the other.

TheTruthProphet said:
I can't tell if gampro is being sarcastic or not. The multiplayer and replayability is far superior on halo 3. kz2 didn't kill halo sales wise. kz2 didn't kill halo on metacritic reviewer rankings. kz2 didn't kill halo in popularity. This comparisson is foolish and it is like comparing The Dark Knight to The Notebook.

Yeah exactly but everything on this forum is different.

PS3 fans on this site boost their games like there's no tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

All I can say about killzone 2 is that never have a I found a multiplayer that pisses me off this much.

I hate the fact that it takes ages to unlock classes and weapons. Sometimes when I go into a game with some friends it completely kills my motivation to continue playing when all I have is this POS rifle and everyone else is equipped with Camo cloaks, Assault Armor class, Speed boost, Grenade Launchers, Rocket Launchers, etc...

Makes it nearly impossible to rack up any points. After almost 20 hours of online I have a garbage 730 points... still needing 2030 more just to get a fucking Scout.

It makes it boring for me. I don't enjoy it when if I choose to play with friends I have to do it on an extremely unbalanced battle field.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I thought "Halo Killer" was only used by XBox fanboys at this point. Ack, I hate to be proven wrong again on this. This is BEYOND inane here.

The only think you need to know here is to which is on top:
Halo 3 has Griffball. Killzone 2 does not. Halo 3 expansion will feature its own Grifball court as part of the add on.

And yes, I can say this jokingly, but if you look into what is involved with how Griffball came about, it shows a LOT as to why Killzone 2 is NOT a Halo killer.

In a game like Halo 3, are all weapons, etc.. available to all players from the get-go or do you need to work your way up while enduring massive frustration?

I am like 50 pts away from Engineer. Hopefully I begin to enjoy it then.

Single player was absolutely AMAZING for me, but I can't see myself playing the multiplayer long-term. I'd rather play Unreal Tournament. At least the battle field is equal for all player where skill is the only thing that separates you.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!