By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Future Xbox 360 Exclusives Will Surpass Killzone 2 [Graphically]

Seems like they feel threatened by Killzone 2..

Around the Network

It makes sense that more and better titles are coming. I mean, look at it from this point of view:
Gears2 was on par with anything the PS3 had until KZ2. But Gears had a few handicaps that KZ2 didn't:
1) Gears 2 was made with the Unreal engine, which is multiplatform. A big budget development with a custom engine could accomplish more, which is exactly the reason KZ2 had it's own custom engine.
2) Gears 2 had options like Split Screen and Coop, which while awesome game play features, do limit a developer from getting the sharpest possible graphics.

If a company decides to go the KZ2 route on the Xbox 360, use a big budget custom engine and streamline it by removing certain features, it wouldn't be a big surprise if it could match KZ2 graphically.

The real challenge I'd like to see MS meet is... match it's graphics without removing features.

Noobie said:
Seems like they feel threatened by Killzone 2..

The day Microsoft feels threatened by something like graphics, i'll throw my Xbox on the floor as a symbol of their forfeit. it sounded more like a challenge to Sony since people think the 360 cannot match KZ2's graphics.

yes i believe they can, killzone 2 is a very good looking game. but killzone 2 too me isnt any better than gears of war 2 in term of graphics. alan wake, the new perfect dark,killer instinct 3, halo4. all could take the 360 graphics too new heights, but we will know for sure what those titles will be by e3 at the latest i believe.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

sabby_e17 said:
Even if the 360 manages to surpass Killzone 2 (which i doubt) they wont even come close to Gran Turismo 5!

THIS^

m$ would cry

Around the Network
321tttrini4everz said:
sabby_e17 said:
Even if the 360 manages to surpass Killzone 2 (which i doubt) they wont even come close to Gran Turismo 5!

THIS^

m$ would cry

why's that?

Their console is still superior in terms of profitability. They're probably laughing their asses off because of all the mistakes Sony have made, instead of crying.

Are people seriously in denial? MS had the best looking console game in GOW 2 until KZ2 came out....... if MS can do it once, they can do it again.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

nojustno said:
321tttrini4everz said:
sabby_e17 said:

THIS^

m$ would cry

why's that?

Their console is still superior in terms of profitability. They're probably laughing their asses off because of all the mistakes Sony have made, instead of crying.

ummm....i didnt read anything about profitable consoles in this thread.....i think ur in the wrong thread bro

Future versus present? How about future versus future?

as will future ps3 exclusives I would hope!