By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The game developers who've NEVER made a bad game

Soleron said:
shio said:

The rest seems fine, though I don't know much about Intelligent Systems.

Advance Wars.

Fire Emblem.

Paper Mario.

Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

--

I think that should explain everything.

Did they make the new Paper Mario on Wii?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
shio said:
While those studios haven't made bad games, some of them they still made mediocre games:
- Lionhead Studios, for example, made the mediocre Fable and the decent Fable 2, and both are not good games.
- Kojima Studios made the not-so-good Metal Gear Solid 2, and that bad game called MGS: Portable Ops Plus (or so I've heard).
- Bioware made the very mediocre Jade Empire.

The rest seems fine, though I don't know much about Intelligent Systems. I'm surprised you didn't pick quality juggernauts like Blizzard, Stardock and Relic.

Both Fable titles are well-regarded, whether you agree or not, as are MGS2, Portable Ops, and Jade Empire.

Stardock is more of a publisher and hasn't been around that long.

Relic isn't very old, either.

Fable 1, Fable 2 and Jade Empire are known as mediocre/disappointing RPGs in many people's eyes (I'd bet most even), but according to reviews it's another matter, so the benefit of doubt is given.

As for Kojima Studios, Metal Gear Portable Ops Plus has a metascore of 65, nowhere near the rating of what a good game deserves.

shio said:
GooseGaws said:
shio said:
While those studios haven't made bad games, some of them they still made mediocre games:
- Lionhead Studios, for example, made the mediocre Fable and the decent Fable 2, and both are not good games.
- Kojima Studios made the not-so-good Metal Gear Solid 2, and that bad game called MGS: Portable Ops Plus (or so I've heard).
- Bioware made the very mediocre Jade Empire.

The rest seems fine, though I don't know much about Intelligent Systems. I'm surprised you didn't pick quality juggernauts like Blizzard, Stardock and Relic.

Both Fable titles are well-regarded, whether you agree or not, as are MGS2, Portable Ops, and Jade Empire.

Stardock is more of a publisher and hasn't been around that long.

Relic isn't very old, either.

Fable 1, Fable 2 and Jade Empire are known as mediocre/disappointing RPGs in many people's eyes (I'd bet most even), but according to reviews it's another matter, so the benefit of doubt is given.

As for Kojima Studios, Metal Gear Portable Ops Plus has a metascore of 65, nowhere near the rating of what a good game deserves.

Ah, Portable Ops Plus, sorry, I misread your original post.  I haven't played it, but you're right, it's certainly less than well-regarded.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

No one has been able to name a bad Nintendo game yet, except for Nintendo IP's made by other companies (Mario is missing, cdi Zelda etc).

Sure there are less than stellar games (Mario sports titles etc) but even those titles are good games. I can not think of one bad Nintendo game.

ph4nt said:
No one has been able to name a bad Nintendo game yet, except for Nintendo IP's made by other companies (Mario is missing, cdi Zelda etc).

Sure there are less than stellar games (Mario sports titles etc) but even those titles are good games. I can not think of one bad Nintendo game.

here's one:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/cube/pokemonchannel?q=Nintendo

Around the Network
ph4nt said:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/wiiplay?q=wii%20play

ph4nt said:

chibi robo, that weird game that mixed pinball and real time strategy, forgot what it was called, started with an O, mario party 6-8, wii play, wii music, and many more

ph4nt said:

I've said Urban Champion, what, four times now?  How many times are necessary?

Hates Nomura.

gergroy said:
ph4nt said:

chibi robo, that weird game that mixed pinball and real time strategy, forgot what it was called, started with an O, mario party 6-8, wii play, wii music, and many more

Chibi Robo, Odama and Mario Party were/are not made by Nintendo.

Hates Nomura.

GooseGaws said:
gergroy said:
ph4nt said:

Chibi Robo, Odama and Mario Party were/are not made by Nintendo.

wow, i'm impressed you knew what I was talking about with Odama:)