By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The game developers who've NEVER made a bad game

Ensemble Studios should be up there as well. :(

Around the Network

Blizzard?
Naughty Dog?
Insomniac?

I can assure you Blizzard is a better developer then Valve.

GooseGaws said:
Gnizmo said:
tehsage said:
Name some bad games developed by Nintendo plz

Mario is Lost in Time. I can give more if needed.

Harmonix really shouldn't be on that list. Not only have they not been around all that long, but they also did the god awfule GH: Rock the 80s. It is an interesting list all the same. I can't say I really agree with it, but I have atypical tastes. The only developer I would add is Treasure, but no one knows about them so what can ya do.

To be fair, Mario's Time Machine was not developed by Nintendo.  That's like counting Faces of Evil/Wand of Gamelon/Zelda's Adventure against them.  Although, maybe we should...

Harmonix probably shouldn't be eligible, I agree.

Treasure made Stretch Panic.  If you want to argue that Stretch Panic was actually good, well, good luck...

EDIT: And even if you do, they also made Dragon Drive.  It's okay, though.  I've forgiven them.

Also there is nothing fundamentally wrong with Mario's Time Machine.

It's a perfectly fine educational game.  It's not buggy or anything and it would teach people stuff.

outlawauron said:
Soleron said:
shio said:

The rest seems fine, though I don't know much about Intelligent Systems.

Advance Wars.

Fire Emblem.

Paper Mario.

Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

--

I think that should explain everything.

Did they make the new Paper Mario on Wii?

There is nothing wrong with Paper Mario on the Wii. 

It's a perfectly fine game taken on it's own merits.  The only problem it has is it's not an RPG.  It's a platformer that is consdiered a sequel to a bunch of RPGs.

Gnizmo said:
ph4nt said:
No one has been able to name a bad Nintendo game yet, except for Nintendo IP's made by other companies (Mario is missing, cdi Zelda etc).

Sure there are less than stellar games (Mario sports titles etc) but even those titles are good games. I can not think of one bad Nintendo game.

Sigh. Donkey Kong Jr Math, Urban Champion, Mario Paint, and Wii Chess sping to mind. These are all made by Nintendo proper.

I can agree with urban champ.

But Mario Paint?  That game was worht the music generator alone.

Wii chess is just... chess.  How bad did they screw that up?  Do the knights not move like knights?

Donkey Kong Math is just... a math game.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

Team ICO should've been on there.  Naughty Dog as well.

Team ICO has made what... a whole 2 games?

As for Naughty Dog... Way of the Warrior...

Not intelligent systems. They made Shadow Dragon DS after all. Pathetic excuse for a game, maybe in 1990s but now? naw.

Lionhead - The Movies and Black and White 2 were bad. Fable was bad aswell, but console owners loved it.

Bioware - Mass Effect was a dissapointment for a lot of Bioware's PC fans, me including. Same for Jade Empire. Bioware is subpar nowadays.

Id software - Quake 4 was a dissapointment.

I dont think there are developers who cant produce a bad game. But there are developers who just didnt have enough time to do so. When a studio only made 2-3 games it is not surprising that neither of them is "bad". But the bigger these studious become the bigger are the chances of them making a subpar game. Sooner or later they make a piece of crap, like Bioware.

Every time I come back here, more people post Blizzard and Naughty Dog as though they DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE AT ALL. This is not about what developers are the best or even the most consistently good. It's about developers who have NEVER made a bad game.

BLIZZARD HAS MADE A BAD GAME, PEOPLE. GET OVER IT.

Ensemble Studios is ineligible, as they have been dissolved.

@Rei:

The general consensus is against you on the Lionhead games, and especially on Mass Effect. Even if you don't like them, that doesn't make them bad games. Quake 4 was not made by id Software.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
Every time I come back here, more people post Blizzard and Naughty Dog as though they DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE AT ALL. This is not about what developers are the best or even the most consistently good. It's about developers who have NEVER made a bad game.

BLIZZARD HAS MADE A BAD GAME, PEOPLE. GET OVER IT.

Ensemble Studios is ineligible, as they have been dissolved.

@Rei:

The general consensus is against you on the Lionhead games, and especially on Mass Effect. Even if you don't like them, that doesn't make them bad games. Quake 4 was not made by id Software.

ID has played a big role in its development, even though the main devs were Raven.

And the general consensus is with me on Lionhead and Mass Effect. But not here at vgchartz forum.