By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The game developers who've NEVER made a bad game

GooseGaws said:

To be fair, Mario's Time Machine was not developed by Nintendo.  That's like counting Faces of Evil/Wand of Gamelon/Zelda's Adventure against them.  Although, maybe we should...

Harmonix probably shouldn't be eligible, I agree.

Treasure made Stretch Panic.  If you want to argue that Stretch Panic was actually good, well, good luck...

Not familiar with that game actually. I will hunt it down and then revise my opinion accordingly. Probably won't change anything as I am a blind Treasure fanboy, but I might start to silently agree they shouldn't be included in these lists.

What about Mario is Missing? Its hard to keep track of what they are directly responsible for, and what was just a bad licensing decision.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Firaxis, and I never heard of some game called Railroads

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Gnizmo said:

GooseGaws said:

To be fair, Mario's Time Machine was not developed by Nintendo.  That's like counting Faces of Evil/Wand of Gamelon/Zelda's Adventure against them.  Although, maybe we should...

Harmonix probably shouldn't be eligible, I agree.

Treasure made Stretch Panic.  If you want to argue that Stretch Panic was actually good, well, good luck...

Not familiar with that game actually. I will hunt it down and then revise my opinion accordingly. Probably won't change anything as I am a blind Treasure fanboy, but I might start to silently agree they shouldn't be included in these lists.

What about Mario is Missing? Its hard to keep track of what they are directly responsible for, and what was just a bad licensing decision.

Mario is Missing is from the same group as Time Machine, Software Toolworks; part of Nintendo's ill-advised little "edutainment" phase of the SNES days.

Also, you may have missed my edit, but Treasure also made Dragon Drive.  I love them and all, but they're not perfect.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

blizzard,bioware,naughty dogg,insomniac,capcom

martjuh ! said:
blizzard,bioware,naughty dogg,insomniac,capcom

Please actually read the article (or the thread itself) before commenting.

And Capcom?  I can't believe I'm doing this, but LOL!!!

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network
salaminizer said:

Firaxis, and I never heard of some game called Railroads

Ooh, Firaxis, I like it.  They haven't been around THAT long, I guess, and their Play the World Civ III expansion was negatively received.  But still... they are certainly worthy of consideration.

Hates Nomura.

GooseGaws said:
Zones said:
GooseGaws said:
Zones said:
Where is Naughty Dog? Since Crash Bandicoot, they haven't had one game that is bad. However, they did make some other games back in the late 80s and early 90s, but few have played them.

The whole point of the article is teams that have been around for an extended period of time and have never made a bad game.  Thus, Naughty Dog is disqualified.

Naughty Dog have been around since 1986, and there least rated game is the first Crash Bandicoot, which has an average of 80 per-cent from GameRankings.

All of their games have been successful both critically, and commercially.

WAY OF THE WARRIOR.  How many times must I say it?

I think the game was considered one of the best 3DO fighting games, but since hardly anyone played the game, and since it didn't get reviews from major gaming outlets such as GameSpot and IGN, you can't really say it's bad game, right?

Zones said:
GooseGaws said:
Zones said:
GooseGaws said:
Zones said:
Where is Naughty Dog? Since Crash Bandicoot, they haven't had one game that is bad. However, they did make some other games back in the late 80s and early 90s, but few have played them.

The whole point of the article is teams that have been around for an extended period of time and have never made a bad game.  Thus, Naughty Dog is disqualified.

Naughty Dog have been around since 1986, and there least rated game is the first Crash Bandicoot, which has an average of 80 per-cent from GameRankings.

All of their games have been successful both critically, and commercially.

WAY OF THE WARRIOR.  How many times must I say it?

I think the game was considered one of the best 3DO fighting games, but since hardly anyone played the game, and since it didn't get reviews from major gaming outlets such as GameSpot and IGN, you can't really say it's bad game, right?

The game was considered one of the best 3DO fighting games?  Perhaps as a joke.  If you've played it, you'll understand.

Hates Nomura.

I hate articles like this.

To point out that a dev has never produced a bad game is asinine.
That they will continue in that path is unlikely, given the example of every other dev in the business.

And here we go again pointing out what is a "good" game. It isn't measurable, your examples aren't concrete, and fall victim to a little thing called "my opinion".

Who has a "my opinion"? Pretty much everybody. "Good" in your world, "sucks balls" in mine.

zerosaurus said:
I hate articles like this.

To point out that a dev has never produced a bad game is asinine.
That they will continue in that path is unlikely, given the example of every other dev in the business.

And here we go again pointing out what is a "good" game. It isn't measurable, your examples aren't concrete, and fall victim to a little thing called "my opinion".

Who has a "my opinion"? Pretty much everybody. "Good" in your world, "sucks balls" in mine.

true