By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is The Last Remnant coming to ps3? and when ?

The-Prophet said:
Xxain said:
The PS3 WILL GET THE PC PORT when they release it

true, but for a lack of a better term, itll still be considered a "sloppy second" to the 360 version, superior or not.

That the way to Troll....

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

Don't know don't care, Se latest have all been mehh.

Their top talent is busy on FF13/versus.

Who cares anymore? Not liek it was a good game or sold very well. If they are sensible they would have corrected the mistakes they made and released it asap but whatever is holding it back (M$ money?) must be very important.

Hmm, pie.

Avarice28 said:
Stats87 said:
piggychan said:

If you can prove that MS money hatted SE for exclusive release then I'll go with it until then the reasons are :

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/06/18/last-remnant-dev-says-unreal-engine-cause-behind-ps3-delay/

Once again, another Unreal Engine-related delay strikes again. The Last Remnant is one of the timed exclusive RPGs from Square Enix on the Xbox 360, but that wasn't because Microsoft shelled out the big bucks. According to an interview with Gamespy, the delay was "mainly for development reasons." The Unreal Engine has been difficult to work with on PS3, and that's been the cause of the delay. "We're developing the game using the middleware Unreal Engine, and the Unreal Engine has a slower development on the PS3 side."

But I'd suggest you just get the pc version instead if you can't live with the technical problems of the 360.

I still get a bit of a chuckle out of that.

SE cites the UE3 as the reason for the PS3 delay, yet the 360 version ended up having a slew of technical issues anyway. Maybe they shouldn't have used that engine at all.

+1 (then looks at unreal tournament 3 which runs fantastic on ps3 and )  I guess square is not that good a rpg company as everyone thinks.

You do realize that UT3 was developed by Epic themselves. Epic has never had an issue with UE3 on 360 or PS3, it's the third party licensees that have had problems with the engine.

@Riachu

I downloaded the demo on my laptop last night. Didn't notice any framerate hitches and I had everything on medium at 60FPS. I may try running it on max settings to see if I can get the game to bog down. Also, the demo has no leader limitations. On the 360 version it shows your maximum number of unions, max leaders, and max total units. On the PC demo it just shows the maximum number of units and unions. David's default union had was him and the four generals of Athlum. So his union hads 5 leaders. If the PC version has no leader limits, I'm buying the PC version in additon the 360 version that I already own. Unless they patch the 360 version and remove leader limits. I have so many leaders I'd like to use but I'm restricted to 6 on the 360.

TLR? It is supposed to come to PS3 and PC but there is no set date for the PS3 version. I have heard things about slow development and the fact that Square just doesn't want to bother porting a game that is so fail.

Around the Network

Anyone remember those roumors that said sony made all the developers who brought late ports to the PS3 have extra content? Nothing was proved yet but why would games like Bioshock and Red Alert have extra contnet for the PS3?

I wonder what extras the PS3 version of TLR will have.

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

After playing the PC demo.. screw it, I refuse to pick this pos game up.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453