By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is The Last Remnant coming to ps3? and when ?

@riachu: if it was near unplayable unless installed on the 360, then shouldn't the ps3 have an advantage there, since it has a HD anyway?

Around the Network

I rememberd someone here said that Square-enix should get it bundle with Final fantasy 13 when it releases imo that would be a good idea.

papflesje said:
@riachu: if it was near unplayable unless installed on the 360, then shouldn't the ps3 have an advantage there, since it has a HD anyway?

The unreal engine sucks even more on the PS3, especially when a Japanese devoloper is behind it.

But perhaps the extra halfyear (or more) will help? 

papflesje said:

Yeah but like I said, the PC version has other advantages over the PS3 version than technical issues(or lack of)

Seihyouken said:
The Last Remnant was originally announced and promoted as Square Enix's first multiplatform simultanious worldwide release for PS3 and 360 and being a "cornerstone for they worldwide strategy".

Unfortunately, in true Squenix fashion, they completely disregarded this in the end and delayed the PS3 version for unknown reasons. There is no release date for the PS3 version currently announced.

If you can prove that MS money hatted SE for exclusive release then I'll go with it until then the reasons are :

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/06/18/last-remnant-dev-says-unreal-engine-cause-behind-ps3-delay/

Once again, another Unreal Engine-related delay strikes again. The Last Remnant is one of the timed exclusive RPGs from Square Enix on the Xbox 360, but that wasn't because Microsoft shelled out the big bucks. According to an interview with Gamespy, the delay was "mainly for development reasons." The Unreal Engine has been difficult to work with on PS3, and that's been the cause of the delay. "We're developing the game using the middleware Unreal Engine, and the Unreal Engine has a slower development on the PS3 side."

But I'd suggest you just get the pc version instead if you can't live with the technical problems of the 360.

Around the Network
papflesje said:
way to answer his question, gebx....

@ ts: afaik the date hasn't been set yet, although some claim september.

Nice Fail

Answering "I don't know maybe september" is not answering his question either...

The truth is no one knows, therefore get the PC versions and stop crying

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

That was just a poor excuse, but believe what you want.

Perhaps the PS3 version wasn't ready, but so was the xbox 360 version and they still did release it.

Hero_time88 said:
That was just a poor excuse, but believe what you want.

Perhaps the PS3 version wasn't ready, but so was the xbox 360 version and they still did release it.

True but I think that S-E are making that up by giving us an improved version of the game on PC.

Hero_time88 said:
Either september or may I guess.

May because it wouldn't be to close to the release of DQIX, or september to avoid the possible release in november for Final Fantasy XIII.

It also depends on the release of the more than likely PS3 version of Star Ocean. Microsoft probably paid for the exclusivity for this title (and TLR, ToV) for this fiscal year, which will end 31 march, so you will probably see a lot of a announcements and release dates after this day.

Links or I'm calling bullshit on this.

It's just common sense.

What Square-enix has done lately would be the same as Bethesa making Fallout 3 exclusive for the PS3.