By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is The Last Remnant coming to ps3? and when ?

blackstar said:
Riachu said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i think "the last remnant", isnt anywhere near as bad as ppl say it is.
i love the game and find it very enjoyable and fun. also i think if tov or so4 ever come to the ps3 it wont be for at least 1 yr after the 360 release or untill its out in all regions, then announce coming to the ps3, so dont hold your breathe for this announcement. last remnant ( ue3 game ) on ps3 not good , so delays are expected.

Actually, most of the people here I talk to say the game is pretty good.  The problem that many of the haters have with TLR is not with the game itself, but more with the technical issues.

well u can't blame them for that, some said the game runs like a slideshow sometimes and that's with downloading it

They should try the PC demo.  I have already stated that the only time I have experience technical issues in the demo is when the PC is still loading an area or I have certain graphical settings set high.  This is coming from someone who has a mid-range computer.  That should be ideal if the biggest problem with the game was technical issues.

Around the Network

Im pretty sure the PS3 will recieve a port of the PC version when it gets here so just wait

it willcome out, as of when we have no idea

I am buying the PC version.

But there are rumours going around for quiet some time already that its PS3 version will include FFXIII demo. That would make so much sense to do so.

Rei said:
I am buying the PC version.

But there are rumours going around for quiet some time already that its PS3 version will include FFXIII demo. That would make so much sense to do so.

Same version I plan on buying.  I'm even getting it off Steam since my brother has an account.

Around the Network
MOmO_X said:
I think before PC version will be released, they will cancel PS3 version because of technical issue in development.

Huh? Technical issue....oh you mean it was craptastic in it's current iteration and they would not want to farm out this rubbish to the ps3?  Yeah in my opinion it should be cancelled for the ps3 due to the fact it stinks and sony should not be stuck trying to reward square for their "poor" judgment of how they want to handle multi-plats

piggychan said:

If you can prove that MS money hatted SE for exclusive release then I'll go with it until then the reasons are :

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/06/18/last-remnant-dev-says-unreal-engine-cause-behind-ps3-delay/

Once again, another Unreal Engine-related delay strikes again. The Last Remnant is one of the timed exclusive RPGs from Square Enix on the Xbox 360, but that wasn't because Microsoft shelled out the big bucks. According to an interview with Gamespy, the delay was "mainly for development reasons." The Unreal Engine has been difficult to work with on PS3, and that's been the cause of the delay. "We're developing the game using the middleware Unreal Engine, and the Unreal Engine has a slower development on the PS3 side."

But I'd suggest you just get the pc version instead if you can't live with the technical problems of the 360.

I still get a bit of a chuckle out of that.

SE cites the UE3 as the reason for the PS3 delay, yet the 360 version ended up having a slew of technical issues anyway. Maybe they shouldn't have used that engine at all.

seriously, The PS3 Delay has nothing to do with technical issues, MS most likly paid them to keep it exclusive seeing that the PS3 would of dominated the 360 version

Stats87 said:
piggychan said:

If you can prove that MS money hatted SE for exclusive release then I'll go with it until then the reasons are :

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/06/18/last-remnant-dev-says-unreal-engine-cause-behind-ps3-delay/

Once again, another Unreal Engine-related delay strikes again. The Last Remnant is one of the timed exclusive RPGs from Square Enix on the Xbox 360, but that wasn't because Microsoft shelled out the big bucks. According to an interview with Gamespy, the delay was "mainly for development reasons." The Unreal Engine has been difficult to work with on PS3, and that's been the cause of the delay. "We're developing the game using the middleware Unreal Engine, and the Unreal Engine has a slower development on the PS3 side."

But I'd suggest you just get the pc version instead if you can't live with the technical problems of the 360.

I still get a bit of a chuckle out of that.

SE cites the UE3 as the reason for the PS3 delay, yet the 360 version ended up having a slew of technical issues anyway. Maybe they shouldn't have used that engine at all.

+1 (then looks at unreal tournament 3 which runs fantastic on ps3 and )  I guess square is not that good a rpg company as everyone thinks.

At this point i would not be surprised if they cancel the PS3 version. You would think there would be a date by now.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press