By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yesterday, for the first time since November 19 2006, I saw....

My impression is that it's readily available (but selling well) all over the world, except for Japan and the US.

My guess is that people are waiting for a Mario game and that demand will increase once SPM gets out. And of course SMG, it will be crazy.

Oh, and a swedish store actually used the box art from The Gods Must Be Crazy to illustrate that they got Wiis in stock a few months back :) But now it seems they have plenty in store every time I check.

Around the Network

My local stores have had them since a few months after launch. I asked a few clerks around June, and nobody had even heard of any Wii or PS3 shortages.

The gaming scene really is pretty small in Finland. ;_;

Parokki said:
My local stores have had them since a few months after launch. I asked a few clerks around June, and nobody had even heard of any Wii or PS3 shortages.

The gaming scene really is pretty small in Finland. ;_;

Or you could say, Nintendo is meeting demand in Europe right know, because there is also no shortage in UK, France, Germany Spain, Italy or any other European (PAL?) country. Christmas will be intressting though. 

Sqrl said:

I don't think they need to sell 800k-1m WW per week every week during the holidays to be considered successful. Although it is not impossible for them to achieve those kinds of numbers.

I didn't mean in terms of business success/games & console sold.  I mean't in terms of having a bunch of pissed off consumers and moms not being able to get a Wii for their kids.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

They're abundant in stores here.
Next year, we'll be seeing a lot more on the shelves as production catches demand and sales slow down.

Around the Network
z64dan said:
A Wii for sale! Actually my local Target had like, 3 Wiis. It was amazing, awe inspiring, etc. I guess it was Monday though, which is right after Sunday (the supposed shipment date usually)... Has anyone else been seeing them in stores more often? Seems like I have been looking for the past 9 months, and that was the first one I saw readily available. Maybe they increased shipments for Metroid?

Haha, that one was great! :D

I have seen Wiis in stock since late march, when obviously bigger shipment arrived to Finland. Before that i saw them once and bought mine. After march i have usually seen only a few of them, in the stores i visit and couple of times it has been sold out, which seemed to be the situation in 2 stores when i was shopping last week.
At spring, some game stores had "Wiis available" sign in front of their stores, but it stopped by summer.

Just like Parokki said, gaming is pretty small in Finland. Importer managed to supply 10000 Wiis by the end of march and by the end of 2006, there were 400000 PS2:s supplied to retail.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I still don't really see them when I visit the stores so I'm guessing they're still selling out pretty well here.

I don't know about the general topic of this thread, but re: Black Friday, I'd be shocked if Nintendo isn't stockpiling Wiis for said date. Just because they can't produce that many in a week doesn't mean that that many won't be available in a week...

DonWii said:

First, leo-j reserach shows us that girls do not like the Wii. 

Hey, what? Is that true leo-j? Because all of my girl friends wants/has a Wii.