By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Xbox 360 ever be home to a game such as Killzone 2! By Megaman 2

Killzowned said:
eliasg said:
but the aim system is the worst in any fps i have ever played...

No it isn't.

The aiming in KZ2 is much more realistic than any other shooter. It requires skill to be good at, because you have to anticipate the recoil of the gun and make allowances for that when you go after someone. KZ2 requires skill, unlike CoD4, CoD:WaW, whereby you point the gun at someone and there is no effect of the gun firing to the player, making it incredibly easy to be good at.

Tired of people saying KZ2 requires skill. Of course it doesn, every game does. You just make yourself sound like an fps noob.

Around the Network
Feylic said:
eliasg said:

Maybe if you were good at games you wouldn't think this...

I am a big fan of COD:4 (the best shooter in history) so i have the knowledge if the aim system is any good...

Gamer4eva said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gamer4eva said:
From a graphical stand point, no i seriously doubt it. Look, the X360 is getting on a bit now. The graphics haven't really improved that much since GeOW 1 (Not GOW1) and while they are improving, it isnt by much. The PS3 looks like it has some way to go yet and by then the X360 will be considerably behind in the graphics department. However that is not to say it is impossible, for this to happen they need a really good developer and a massive budget and of course the game has to be exclusive.

But like i said, i seriously doubt it.

Being that you seem to be a Sony fan, I must ask the question. Why did you guys never talk about graphics, but quality of gameplay during the PS2 era? Psh.....hypocrites.

Well graphics arn't everything but they are something and of course game play is what really matters. In the PS2 era, the Xbox and PS2 seemed pretty evenly matched in terms of graphics, of course Xbox had the edge seeing as it was more powerful but the games it produced never showed this to the extent of what it should have. However games such as GOW 1 and GOW 2 pushed the graphics beyond what was thought possible on PS2 and i personally talked about the graphics and gameplay, not just one, so u will have to ask someone else to answer that because i dont want to answer for them, sorry.

I no way shape or form was the PS2 evenly match as far as graphics to the Xbox. If the Xbox pumped out a really high powered game, the PS2 would not be able to follow. It would have to have been created for the PS2 first then recreated for the Xbox. GOW didn't not push the PS2 beyond any limits. The devs knew what the limits were and played within the boundaries (hence the game exists). As for your talks of graphics and gameplay...i'd suggest you backtrack to your comment that I responded to. You did not speak of gameplay at all. You sound just like the Xbox owners back last gen, and I was sick of them myself. This is not to say that you're a bad guy...i'm responding to the post...thats all.

Game is way to sluggish and slow paced for me.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Killzowned said:
eliasg said:

No it isn't.

The aiming in KZ2 is much more realistic than any other shooter. It requires skill to be good at, because you have to anticipate the recoil of the gun and make allowances for that when you go after someone. KZ2 requires skill, unlike CoD4, CoD:WaW, whereby you point the gun at someone and there is no effect of the gun firing to the player, making it incredibly easy to be good at.

I'm sorry, but that is his opinion. You cannot change it. COD4 required skill and the majority of people who played the game either liked it on PC or the 360. It's exactly the same reason I never SFIV on the 360, because the controller is just that much better on the PS3. COD4 did require skill.

CoD4 dosent require any skill tbh... Grenade launchers + Juggernaut took the skill away from that game... expecially on hardcore mode, too many people who just spray or tube, if you look at the leaderboards and play with the top 15 people... they all noob tube.

Around the Network

snoreeeeeeeee

this is kind of a dumb post

ok so gears 2 didnt have the hype of killzone 2, but it opened to more sales?

so maybe sony needs gears 2

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Probably something close.

4 ≈ One

eliasg said:
Feylic said:
eliasg said:

Maybe if you were good at games you wouldn't think this...

I am a big fan of COD:4 (the best shooter in history) so i have the knowledge if the aim system is any good...

I am also a BIG fan of COD:4, and while it is easier to kill people in COD:4, that doesn't mean KZ:2 has a bad aiming system. Every game should be different. COD:4 came out with a system that allowed people to jump right into the game and kill other players left and right. KZ:2 didn't want to be like the tons of COD:4 clones that have borrowed from it's exact gameplay with different enviornments/time zones, so they made the the movement/aiming system different so that you have to think a lot more tactical. You can't just swing around in a 180 and pick someone off in the head 100ft away instantly, you have to watch your surroundings, check corners, stay with team mates. I also find grenades much more effective, if one lands in front of you, you can't just reverse at full speed instantly and get away.  Everybody always complains about games being the same, now that one is different, it gets bashed. I'll admint KZ:2 has a much higher learning curve than COD:4, but gamers should be able to overcome it. I find the firefights in KZ:2 a lot more intense than any fights I had in COD:4, and after a few rounds of getting killed every minute, I am now headshotting all over the place. It's amazingly fun, just practice more.

Pyramid Head said:
snoreeeeeeeee

this is kind of a dumb post

ok so gears 2 didnt have the hype of killzone 2, but it opened to more sales?

so maybe sony needs gears 2

KZ2 doesn't have anywhere near to the type of hype Gears 2 got. It had proper commercials/TV spots from MS and Epic, the buzz was great in stores and in cons. The internet buzz was amazing and you couldn't read a news post without seeing the name "Cliffy B" at the helm.

Carl2291 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Killzowned said:
eliasg said:

No it isn't.

I'm sorry, but that is his opinion. You cannot change it. COD4 required skill and the majority of people who played the game either liked it on PC or the 360. It's exactly the same reason I never SFIV on the 360, because the controller is just that much better on the PS3. COD4 did require skill.

CoD4 dosent require any skill tbh... Grenade launchers + Juggernaut took the skill away from that game... expecially on hardcore mode, too many people who just spray or tube, if you look at the leaderboards and play with the top 15 people... they all noob tube.

Of course the game took skill, even with launchers and all. If it didn't have skill gamers wouldn't have found it enjoyable at the time. Everything is such a trend to people. This is the true problem.