By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Xbox 360 ever be home to a game such as Killzone 2! By Megaman 2

Impulsivity said:
If you mean a single player campaign that looks about as good, probably in a few years there will be a similar looking 360 game. The real difference isn't frame by frame graphics, the 360 probably can render a similar looking frame with some more optimization.

As to the scale, that the 360 probably cannot do. In terms of maintaining that level of graphical fidelity in giant single player engagements much less multiplayer with more then 16 people, that would probably be too much for the 360. I mean does anyone really think that the Halo 3, Gears and other devs didn't want to have 32 person multiplayer? I mean with vehicles and all that wasn't Halo in particularly calling out for 16 person teams?

The 360 can handle frame by frame graphics of the PS3, what it probably can't handle is large scale multiplayer with the same kind of graphics. I have yet to see a high quality 360 game with 32 person games much less 40 (like resistance had at release), 60 (what resistance 2 can do) or 256 (like MAG will have). This is probably because of the 8 processor vs 3 processor system. When you have 8 cores to work with you can toss all the things required to make a 256 game work to other cores, but if you only have 3 there really isn't a whole lot of room for expansion (unless you make the cores faster, which really isn't an option since the clock speed was set in stone for both consoles a few years ago).

Ladies and gentlemen, here's how you spot someone that is unaware of basic facts of this industry:

a) budget constraints

b) the more flexible, the worse it'll look

c) doesn't know cores aren't born equal

Your agendas and biases control you, Impulsivity (hah, appropiate).

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

it's sunny outside but there's still trolls wandering around, shouldn't you turn into stones?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

tired megaman2 said:

I now what you're going to say 'Gears of war 2' with all due respect Killzone 2 does have better graphics then Gow2, this is coming from a fair and balanced journalist. The Xbox 360 has been the home to some outstanding games from Halo 3 to Left 4 Dead, we havent really seen a game with such hype and anticipation arrive on the Xbox 360 platform since Halo 3 although Gears of War 2 was highly aniticipated it wasnt nearly as hyped or as anticipated as Killzone 2, only other game that reached that level was Metal Gear Solid 4 (R.I.P Snake).

What game on the horizon hitting the Xbox 360 do you think will reach the level of hype and anticipation of Killzone 2, the ps3 however has God of War 3 and Gran turismo 5 having the stature to meet the anticipation of Killzone 2.

Thanks in advance to the Vgchartz community

Thanks for the input!

BY

Anyone else getting tired of all the "Killzone 2 is the greatest most wonderful bestest game evah!" bullshit we keep hearing about?  It's annoying enough when it spills over to the general games forum but what does this crap have to really do with Microsoft?  If someone wants to promote PS3 games that's fine, do it in the Sony forum.  Otherwise have some dignity and stop pushing PS3 products in other forums.

Legend11 said:

Anyone else getting tired of all the "Killzone 2 is the greatest most wonderful bestest game evah!" bullshit we keep hearing about?  It's annoying enough when it spills over to the general games forum but what does this crap have to really do with Microsoft?  If someone wants to promote PS3 games that's fine, do it in the Sony forum.  Otherwise have some dignity and stop pushing PS3 products in other forums.

Complain to who has the power to stop it. Megaman2 is a repeat offender, to boot.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Well, thank you for the reports everyone. We won't have to worry about Megaman 2 for a good while.

Locked.