By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident evil 5 wii petition

twesterm said:
Gelmer said:
konnichiwa said:
Gelmer said:
konnichiwa said:
Hmm I guess if the game release on 2009 PS3/ X360 then you guys get it on 2011.

Good things are worth waiting for. Isn't that the PS3 philosophy?

ah, about 600 new signitures since i put mine down, this petition is really moving along.

Yet is it but I just wanted to say it can be a long time before it release on the Wii.

Yeah, but such is life. Pity we're forced down to just one Resident Evil game a generation now.

I know, that sucks.  It almost makes you wish they wouldn't waste time on pointless ports and just make a new game...

You mean all the pointless ports that generates income. Big waste of time, what is Capcom thinking?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network
mancandy said:
twesterm said:
Gelmer said:
konnichiwa said:
Gelmer said:
konnichiwa said:

ah, about 600 new signitures since i put mine down, this petition is really moving along.

Yet is it but I just wanted to say it can be a long time before it release on the Wii.

Yeah, but such is life. Pity we're forced down to just one Resident Evil game a generation now.

I know, that sucks.  It almost makes you wish they wouldn't waste time on pointless ports and just make a new game...

You mean all the pointless ports that generates income. Big waste of time, what is Capcom thinking?

Capcom doesn't look like a real porter.
Where are Dead Rising, Lost Planet for PS3 and Wii?

konnichiwa said:
mancandy said:
twesterm said:
Gelmer said:
konnichiwa said:
Gelmer said:
konnichiwa said:

Capcom doesn't look like a real porter.
Where are Dead Rising, Lost Planet for PS3 and Wii?

They have slowed down on their porting. But... they've ported RE2 and RE3 to the PS1, Dreamcast, N64. They have Street Fighter 2 ported on almost every system ever made. They love to port.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

The Wii allready has 2 RE games and all of the Gamecube versions work on it , and they will get more ... but RE5 is to advanced for the Wii ( though I bet that a RE game in the future will be the one wich will push the graphics capabilitys to the limits ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Parokki said:
nine0nine said:

I cant see it a version of RE5 working on the wii anyway, the game should be built from the ground up to utilise the power of the 360/PS3, that should be their primary objective. Making it port-able to the Wii would just limit their options.

How many games have we got this gen that wouldn't work on the Wii, if they just downgraded the graphics to RE4 levels? There are a few like Dead Rising and Lair that have a huge amount of stuff flying around the screen, but that's about it. Tweaking the visuals would easily allow games like Gears of War, Heavenly Sword, or Assassin's Creed to run on the Wii. Of course many of those are under exclusive contract or whatever, but my point is that multiplats like this coming to the Wii as well is hardly ridiculous, and more like inevitable in many cases.

All this is especially true with Resident Evil 5. Have you seen the trailer? They just took the RE4 engine, turned the Ganados black, and increased the resolution. There are going to be games that actually use the horsepowers of the HD consoles for something useful, but this does not look like one of them.

Your kidding me , right ? If they would put Gears of Wars on the Wii it would look like Manhunt probably . Please , this is like somebody would say : oh , dont worry kid , we will be playing Quake 4 on the PSP in no time .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I'm willing to bet that there is some kind of version for wii in the works...after all it makes sense for them to make it available for the number one selling console..The RE4 port proved that wii players want RE games..

signed..

mancandy said:
They have slowed down on their porting. But... they've ported RE2 and RE3 to the PS1, Dreamcast, N64. They have Street Fighter 2 ported on almost every system ever made. They love to port.

For a moment I thought you were confussing Capcom with Square Enix :P

2943 sigs, impressive.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Threads like this just really confuse me. You people do realize that sometimes some systems just don't get certain games? That's just how it is and that is that. If you want the game go and get a 360 or a PS3. Unless you have all three systems this is just always going to be the case so just get over it.

jhlennon1 said:
This thread gets a massive LOL. Needless to say that I am not signing this.

Viper1, I think we'll just agree to disagree. Especially about the "millions agree that it's the best in the series" hyperbole you used. I have never seen a game divide fans like RE4 did.

Considering it has sold over 4 million copies, I think even if it were split down the middle, 'milions' is still an apprpriate term and not hyperbole as you suggest.   

Had it been such a problem, I don't think RE5 would continue in the direction RE4 started nor would there be such hype for the game or a peition for a Wii port.  Jh, I think you're in the minority regarding the issue.

Speaking off a port to Wii, many spoken thus far are correct.   You cannot simply 'lessen' the graphics and go to press.   You basically need to have every texture redrawn, level geometry altered, shaders and effects re-written and add a new cotnrol scheme.

Granted Capcom did port RE4 to PS2 and it required several massive alterations as well but they went from an install base of 16 million to an install base of 90 million.  Here the change would be much differnt and the costs associated with the porting may not be as lucrative as it were for RE4 to PS2.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

twesterm said:
Threads like this just really confuse me. You people do realize that sometimes some systems just don't get certain games? That's just how it is and that is that. If you want the game go and get a 360 or a PS3. Unless you have all three systems this is just always going to be the case so just get over it.

Ummmm... NO! What confuses me is people that accept the way things are and don't ask for change.

What is the problem of asking if you want it? I want to spend my money on games and not on consoles.