By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident evil 5 wii petition

This thread gets a massive LOL. Needless to say that I am not signing this.

Viper1, I think we'll just agree to disagree. Especially about the "millions agree that it's the best in the series" hyperbole you used. I have never seen a game divide fans like RE4 did.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Deegan said:
I believe Capcom will release it on Wii too, even tough they have to downgrade it into Wii power level. They don't have any reason NOT to release it on Wii.

Did you completely miss the part where they would have to more or less remake everything in the game to port it to the Wii? That seems like a pretty huge reason not to. It was worth moving RE4 from GC to PS2 to Wii because their power was about equal or greater but when you're going down it's A LOT harder. It wouldn't be some 6 month to a year project, it would be closer to 1 1/2 to 2 years and that just isn't worth it for a port.

As I said, don't take me as a Wii hater, I loved RE4 on the Wii and would love to play RE5 on the Wii but sometimes you just kind of have to live in the realm of reality and relieve it isn't going to happen. Even with the game being released in late 2009 there still wouldn't be enough time for them to make everything Wii compatible since they would have to a whole other team.

The history of the company may count for something here.  Was it worth it to build an entire game from scratch exclusively for the GC?  How about for the Gameboy?  The PS2?  The Wii?  They apparently thought so as they did specific games for each of those.  As long as there is enough demand to establish a good ROI, you can be sure management will do it. 

I do believe your argument holds some weight.  It's not something they can just port over easily.  Their history, however, shows that they were willing to "port" RE 1 from GC to the DS, and I strongly suspect those two didn't use the same models and textures.  The Wii already has a proven "RE" engine, so they've got a way of cutting back some of the development expense already.  RE5 looks sweet.  Won't look that way on the Wii.  It'll be a graphically diverse version...as in "Di-verse graphics I've ever seen" But if the money and the demand is there, they'll do it.  

kber81 said:
Gelmer said:

Something tells me this is going to be a tough generation for the lapsed 360 & PS3 gamers who have to look at the Wii and just ask, "How?".

Ok. Now, go and add John Lucas to your friends list... Seriously.

John Lucas? The Man who has been right more times than you (now that I think about it, have you ever ben right at all)? The Man who you tried to call out only to later have your thread shot down by his supporters? The man who is loved by this board? That very call out of yours that was later invalidated when it was found the Wii numbers had been undertracked and John Lucas had been right all along?

Your vendetta against Lucas is beyond understanding. You must really are a bitter and spiteful individual, though I can't blame you as I would be no different if I was rooting for a losing console. Since most of your posts now consist of little more than smug, snide or catty remarks, I think you've more than learned your lesson in trying to contribute anything worthwhile to this forum, i.e. things that can be thrown back in your face later on.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Gelmer said:

John Lucas? The Man who has been right more times than you? The Man who you tried to call out only to later have your thread shot down by his supporters? The man who is loved by this board? That very call out of yours that was later invalidated when it was found the Wii numbers had been undertracked and John Lucas had been right all along?

Yeah... I was talking about John Lucas - the Guide of N-boys ... the funniest thing about you is fact you are totally serious about this crap... welcome on board. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here.

HOW?... muhahahaha !

kber81 said:
Gelmer said:

John Lucas? The Man who has been right more times than you? The Man who you tried to call out only to later have your thread shot down by his supporters? The man who is loved by this board? That very call out of yours that was later invalidated when it was found the Wii numbers had been undertracked and John Lucas had been right all along?

Yeah... I was talking about John Lucas - the Guide of N-boys ... the funniest thing about you is fact you are totally serious about this crap... welcome on board. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here.

HOW?... muhahahaha !

Hehehe, ah, feigning non-chalance as a defense mechanism. Cute cop-out. I wonder if you actually think you're fooling anyone? And why is it that you always come into a thread with some arrogant Sony-spokesman quality comment, have it thrown back in your face, then are forced to run off making some excuse for why you're suddenly too good for the mud slinging. Smilies are a nice addition too, they paint the picture of your attempt to flee from the debate quite nicely.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network
Gelmer said:

Hehehe, ah, feigning non-chalance as a defense mechanism. Cute cop-out. Smilies make a nice addition, they paint the picture of your attempt to flee from the debate quite nicely.

Yeah. I'm not going to debate with some 12 year old kid who knows better... but I wonder what will happen first  - cancellation of MGS4 for PS3 or RE5 for Wii...

kber81 said:
Gelmer said:

Hehehe, ah, feigning non-chalance as a defense mechanism. Cute cop-out. Smilies make a nice addition, they paint the picture of your attempt to flee from the debate quite nicely.

Yeah. I'm not going to debate with some 12 year old kid who knows better... but I wonder what will happen first  - cancellation of MGS4 for PS3 or RE5 for Wii...

Don't forget your white flag on the way out their champ.

gballzack^^ OMG OMG

Gelmer said:

Don't forget your white flag on the way out their champ.

FEAR

JMan said:
twesterm said:
Deegan said:
I believe Capcom will release it on Wii too, even tough they have to downgrade it into Wii power level. They don't have any reason NOT to release it on Wii.

Did you completely miss the part where they would have to more or less remake everything in the game to port it to the Wii? That seems like a pretty huge reason not to. It was worth moving RE4 from GC to PS2 to Wii because their power was about equal or greater but when you're going down it's A LOT harder. It wouldn't be some 6 month to a year project, it would be closer to 1 1/2 to 2 years and that just isn't worth it for a port.

As I said, don't take me as a Wii hater, I loved RE4 on the Wii and would love to play RE5 on the Wii but sometimes you just kind of have to live in the realm of reality and relieve it isn't going to happen. Even with the game being released in late 2009 there still wouldn't be enough time for them to make everything Wii compatible since they would have to a whole other team.

The history of the company may count for something here. Was it worth it to build an entire game from scratch exclusively for the GC? How about for the Gameboy? The PS2? The Wii? They apparently thought so as they did specific games for each of those. As long as there is enough demand to establish a good ROI, you can be sure management will do it.

I do believe your argument holds some weight. It's not something they can just port over easily. Their history, however, shows that they were willing to "port" RE 1 from GC to the DS, and I strongly suspect those two didn't use the same models and textures. The Wii already has a proven "RE" engine, so they've got a way of cutting back some of the development expense already. RE5 looks sweet. Won't look that way on the Wii. It'll be a graphically diverse version...as in "Di-verse graphics I've ever seen" But if the money and the demand is there, they'll do it.

Good, at least you've acceptedit would take an incredible effort to remake RE5 for the Wii now we have to look at the other part: gameplay.

Core gameplay would stay the same but we do have to assume that this game is being built to take advantage of the 360 as much as possible which means better textures, models, and amount of polygons on screen.  A lot of this can be taken care of by redoing models, but what apart parts that more than likely will have more models on screen than the Wii can handle?  You can only downgrade a single so much before it just starts looking bad and from what I remember of RE4, RE5 looks to have more enemies on screen than RE4 (which makes sense since they can do that with the 360).  Taking that into account, they would have to redesign encounters and it would no longer be RE5, it would be the dumbed down RE5: Wii.  Do you really want that?

True, people would probably buy this but why not just make another completely new game for the same amount of money like, you know, they're doing with RE:UC?  If they spend a large amount of money and port RE5 to the Wii they are only appealing to people that own only a Wii and that like RE5.  The Wii user base is quite large but how many of those people do you really think would want RE5?  Now how many of those people do you think don't own a 360 or PS3?  Taking both of those into account  the user base will not be as large as you think it is.  

As for the petition, sure I suppose it could get more than 5,000 signatures if you got really lucky but you do know that it would take 750-1000k copies sold for this game to make money?  There just aren't enough Wii only users to make up for this because the majority of people that own a 360 or PS3 are going to get version.  True, the Wii would have the better controls but the 360 and PS3 would have the entire game without the dumbed down gameplay.