By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The "Person Above You" Threads

HALOOOOOOOO said:
Zeethr said:
can someone explain this thread to me? im a noob. i need more insight.

Long ago, someone posted a thread called "Say something about the person above you!" I guess it got out of control and became a spamfest, so it was locked. Then a second one was created to continue the idea, and it too got out of control. Now the third one is in danger of a lock as well.

I don't understand this, the 3rd one was locked, and so they make a forth one??

Hasn't anyone learned there lesson that "Say something about the person above you" thread is a spam fested orgy and always will be. Why do they keep bring it back!? I say lock it forever, it's clogging up the Off Topic Forum, because it's always there, and it's nothing but nonsense being posted for every post, no one actually reads through that thread, people just post and thats it.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
HALOOOOOOOO said:
Zeethr said:

Long ago, someone posted a thread called "Say something about the person above you!" I guess it got out of control and became a spamfest, so it was locked. Then a second one was created to continue the idea, and it too got out of control. Now the third one is in danger of a lock as well.

Hasn't anyone learned there lesson that "Say something about the person above you" thread is a spam fested orgy and always will be. Why do they keep bring it back!? I say lock it forever, it's clogging up the Off Topic Forum, because it's always there, and it's nothing but nonsense being posted for every post, no one actually reads through that thread, people just post and thats it.

4th one is the best though.....

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:
Gilgamesh said:
HALOOOOOOOO said:
Zeethr said:

4th one is the best though.....

yeah, no nfg.

the best of them all was the 'say something about the person posting under you' it was pure epicness

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

The second one was the best, there wasn't much spamming in that one.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
HALOOOOOOOO said:
Zeethr said:

Naz created the fourth one. I was one of the people who complained about all of the threads, and so Naz and the other mods have been more forceful in containing these, for which I am very grateful. I do think it should go away, but so long as there's only one, I don't mind too much.

Person above you threads were a great way to spam Off-Topic to build up post counts and accumulate VG$. Now it will take people longer to build their post tallies.

How about this:http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=72745&page=14

It's just as bad of a post whoring thread as the person above you threads.

Threads like this are making me lose interest in the VGC forums.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

kirby007 said:
just close them all

Agreed...Close every single one of them and bring out the banhammer for future offenders.

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

so can i make the official person above you V thread? please please please can i make the official one?