By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guess that September surprise!

well, demo channel or a usb hard drive would be cool.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

How about an enhanced Mii builder in time for Halloween?

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=24021

"While it is no surprise, Nintendo isn’t attending TGS. What is a surprise is that Nintendo will be holding a conference before TGS to showcase their October to December software. Last time I checked, that included Galaxy and Brawl. Some other third parties are getting in on the act as well."

- 08/31/07: Capcom Private Show
- 09/05/07: Nintendo Private Show
- 09/14/07: Sega Strategy Meeting

Private Show? Maybe it will be revealed then.

yeah. That would be the obvious time to introduce Trogdor. 9.5.07. Well, I guess we will know next week. For precaution sake, I'm going to disconnect me Wii that day. It should give me a head start on the war.

Kid Icarus
Keyboard support for the Opera Browser
2D Metroid taking place subsequent to Fusion (Dread, Perhaps?)
Strider (the one from the NES) on VC

Around the Network

Don't expect too much because this is not going to be big. I believe it will be something like a picture or some concept art which you will be able to download from the internet even if you don't leave it on. Maybe a sticker or even a new background for the wii menu. But nothing groundbreaking.

Unless someone can show me examples, I don't know about ninty giving a lot of stuff for free. I do know about them giving a free piece of furniture in Animal Crossing though.

You guys have to remember that it is a surprise for whoever leaves the WiiConnect24 on. So my evaluation on what some of you said:

This would be available for everyone, not just people that have wiiconnect on. So it doesn't make much sense with their statement:
some vc game
demo channel
chat channel

This unless you get a free download or something. This would be a give once thing.

Of course they can have a demo channel.

Streaming demos! Even streaming games!

--

GB/GBC/GBA Virtual Console. Please.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
Of course they can have a demo channel.

Streaming demos! Even streaming games!

--

GB/GBC/GBA Virtual Console. Please.

With all due respect to the Wii's 512MB of storage, demos will eat that up in no time, even one at a time. 

And as for streaming demos . . . no.  Even the Metroid videos were rebuffering constantly; a game with that weakness would be unimaginably bad.  

As for the Game Boy lineage Virtual Console games, it would be pretty sweet, but don't hold your breath.  The GBA is still alive (at the very least its corpse isn't yet room temperature) so Nintendo won't even consider doing GBA games on VC.  And the GB/GBC games can be played on the GBA so I doubt we'll see those either.  

If Nintendo made a demo channel that couls put its demos onto an external hard drive, then that would be a possibility.  

I think the most likely thing is an original content version of VC.  Expect a lot of XBLA ports . . . lol.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I would love to see them offer VC dev tools to the communit, I know they were planning on doing this at some point so its possible.

To Each Man, Responsibility