By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guess that September surprise!

^^^Don't say that because GREEDY BONEHEADS will just buy them up and either sell them on EBAY or sell them for like 400 bucks. Although that would be another 10mil sold for the big N.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
A solution to the internal memory conflict. 512 MB sounded big enough until it began to get full with VC titles, new channels and future downloadable content. SD cards can hold VC games but are not executable from them.

I believe N will announce a method to alleviate this problem. Could either be allowing the SD card to execute or putting the USB port to use for external HDDs.

This would be HUGE for me, I have 3 60GB laptop HDs each with their own USB adapters, and another 2 normal HDs with their own USB adapters also...but the 2 normal HDs need another power source where as the laptop USB adapters just need 2 powered ports.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Here is my guess...

Metroid Prime 3 is a dual layer game.  Metroid was also delayed for much longer then expected to add some finishing touches.  Kaplan mentioned that the Metroid advertising wouldn't end in August with TV commercials, there was another marketing plan in place for the game.  I bet that Metroid Prime 3 has multiplayer and a Wiiconnect 24 connection will open this up for us.  This will allow those who wanted a great single player game to still be plenty happy with what we have and for those who want a Multiplayer Online game...  well they'll now have a reason to get the game.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Silent Hill on the Wii!... ?... Guess not /sigh...

I do hope for an external HD so we can get a larger variety of downloaded games.

Actually, I hope for a lot of things.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

They're duct taping on a third Gamecube for extra power.

BA-ZING!

I'm thinking the Wiiware channel for downloadable new content

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
They're duct taping on a third Gamecube for extra power.

BA-ZING!

I'm thinking the Wiiware channel for downloadable new content

Dude... dude... DUDE... the Wiiware channel's been there since the Wii launched.  Go check for yourself.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Wait, as in the channel for new games? I assume it's just carrying new channels on it right now?

Ok, allow me to rephrase that, probably the first of the new games will be released on the Wiiware channel.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Wait, as in the channel for new games? I assume it's just carrying new channels on it right now?

Ok, allow me to rephrase that, probably the first of the new games will be released on the Wiiware channel.

That's not even a part of Wiiconnect 24.  Wiiconnect 24 is the standby service which allows Nintendo to push data out to your Wii while you aren't using it.  It has nothing to do with the Wiiware or VC Shop.  I have a strong feeling I'm right this time ;)

Due to no HD I doubt Demo or any music or other downloadables. Even the Neo Geo is a problem until they allow HD add-ons or better SD support. Unless this is the surprise.

Allowing you to pay a fee to unlock the Wii's ability to play dvd's is feasible. Good for those who dvd player died and don't want to get a new one.

A Mii Home idea would be cool especially with voip.

Could be something like when you insert a Nintendo game they add a corresponding specially designed Mii to your parade (Mario Mii, Samus Mii, Link Mii). That'd be a cool and interesting use of Wiiconnect.