By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guess that September surprise!

omgwtfbbq said:
fkusumot said:
omgwtfbbq said:
there was no mention of a new channel. Just a surprise

the surprise was brawl online. It's done. Over. There's the surprise.

Reggie said that a big surprise was coming to the Wii by the end of September, signified by the flashing blue light on the DVD drive. I don't think my Wii did anything when brawl online was announced. I wasn't watching it at the time either so maybe I'm wrong.

huh? nowhere did reggie say "delievered by WiiConnect24". Nowhere did he say anything about a flashing blue light. This is what was said:

Keighley: Do you have anything for this summer?

Reggie: Well, the surprise is coming.

Keighley: End of the summer?

Reggie: The surprise is coming.

Keighley: This year?

Reggie: By the end of September.

Keighley: Alright, we'll wait and see. Is it going to be a good surprise?

Reggie: I think you'll like this surprise.

They were previously talking about online. There's no mention of WiiConnect24 at all, just some "surprise" that appears to have something to do with online. The answer? Smash Bros Brawl is online. You can sit here waiting until October for this "surprise" but I'll tell you nothing is going to be announced in the next week. The surprise has already passed. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

You left out what was said just previous to the part you quoted, i.e.:

Keighley: Let's talk about some of the gamers that have been waiting politely for some more channels on the Wii. You know Wii Connect 24. When you guys first started talking about that, all this excitement, a blue light was going to go on, there would be a surprise on your birthday...

Reggie: They are still coming.

Around the Network

Has anyone considered that when he says "By the end of September" it could also include August, which means the surprise could have been the Metroid Channel?