By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guess that September surprise!

shams said:
d21lewis said:
DS owners can take the system to retailers and download demos and videos to the system via Wi-Fi at various DS Download Stations. The demos disappear as soon as you turn your DS off. I've used this awesome feature a grand total of 0.00 times. Now if the Wi-Fi enabled Wii could support this function, and the DS had some kind of SD card storage device so that the demo/virtual console game wouldn't disappear.......hmmm...

I can confirm that I overheard management from a major publisher say this: Wii titles are in development that include DS demos (built-in). So you do something in game, and can then send an app to your DS.

So its definitely possible, and definitely coming. I would love the DS demo download channel more than anything in the world!

One more thing we knew about for awhile... Here's some more things we know are on the way:

- Text to Speach for the news channel, internet channel etc.

- Rate my Mii Channel Update

- Better keyboard support

- Bluetooth headset

- External storage support through a driver update

- Metroid updates

- Commodore 64 games

- DVD support

- Media player 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Whatever it is (i wonder if it is even coming anymore), given it is WiiConnect24 related, i'm willing to bet we won't get it down here in Australia

DarkNight_DS said:

One more thing we knew about for awhile... Here's some more things we know are on the way:

- Bluetooth headset

- Metroid updates

- Commodore 64 games

- DVD support

- Media player

Picked up on all of those in the past - except for C64 support. From memory, that was a rumour started with the release of Impossible Mission - which turned into either a boxed product or a WiiWare title (has anyone actually seen this yet?).

Mind you, I would *love* C64 support - some of the old C64 games rocked :) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

DarkNight_DS said:

- Bluetooth headset

- Metroid updates

- Commodore 64 games

- DVD support

- Media player

Picked up on all of those in the past - except for C64 support. From memory, that was a rumour started with the release of Impossible Mission - which turned into either a boxed product or a WiiWare title (has anyone actually seen this yet?).

Mind you, I would *love* C64 support - some of the old C64 games rocked :)

The guys who purchased the rights to the C64 games bought them at that time to bring them out on the Wii.  It was in their press release.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

How about R.O.B. the video Robot's triumphant return. But this time he's more advanced- & he has a moustache!

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
omgwtfbbq said:
there was no mention of a new channel. Just a surprise

the surprise was brawl online. It's done. Over. There's the surprise.

Reggie said that a big surprise was coming to the Wii by the end of September, signified by the flashing blue light on the DVD drive. I don't think my Wii did anything when brawl online was announced. I wasn't watching it at the time either so maybe I'm wrong.

huh? nowhere did reggie say "delievered by WiiConnect24". Nowhere did he say anything about a flashing blue light. This is what was said:

Keighley: Do you have anything for this summer?

Reggie: Well, the surprise is coming.

Keighley: End of the summer?

Reggie: The surprise is coming.

Keighley: This year?

Reggie: By the end of September.

Keighley: Alright, we'll wait and see. Is it going to be a good surprise?

Reggie: I think you'll like this surprise.

They were previously talking about online. There's no mention of WiiConnect24 at all, just some "surprise" that appears to have something to do with online. The answer? Smash Bros Brawl is online. You can sit here waiting until October for this "surprise" but I'll tell you nothing is going to be announced in the next week. The surprise has already passed. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

dont buy it - everybody has been speculating for ages that ssb will be online so where's the suprise in that?

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

gawalls said:
dont buy it - everybody has been speculating for ages that ssb will be online so where's the suprise in that?

It is a surprise, SSBB will probably have online play. Wonder how that would work though?

I'm telling you. It was that there was going to be a zelda game as the pack in...or the online thing.

You know what would be really surprising?

Putting the September surprise in October.

Well played, Reggie, well played...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.