By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much did Killzone 2 development cost?

rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

That and they could be sued for false advertisement of "in game" graphics, which what I think seems more likely, where they made a target build on PC which was an ingame engine and then tried their best to put that look on PS3.

Oh, come on. That would be like suing Apple for not using real footage for their in-screen iPod advertisements. Get over it, everyone does it. Silly.

A woman sued McDonalds over a hot pickle burning her lip, people will sue over anything these days, and I wouldn't put it past someone to come up with that idea.

I've never heard of the pickle incident but I'd love to see a link.

As for the McDonald's coffee incident, that's another story and most people don't read enough into it to understand why the jury awarded the woman what they did.

wasnt it because the temperature was higher than it should of been, no caution lable, and the employee put the lid on wrong making it neglegent

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

That and they could be sued for false advertisement of "in game" graphics, which what I think seems more likely, where they made a target build on PC which was an ingame engine and then tried their best to put that look on PS3.

Oh, come on. That would be like suing Apple for not using real footage for their in-screen iPod advertisements. Get over it, everyone does it. Silly.

A woman sued McDonalds over a hot pickle burning her lip, people will sue over anything these days, and I wouldn't put it past someone to come up with that idea.

As for the McDonald's coffee incident, that's another story and most people don't read enough into it to understand why the jury awarded the woman what they did.

It was a long time ago to be honest, I'd love to have a link to but that was at least 8 years and 5 computers ago :P

you are probably thinking of the coffee case but of there was a pickle incident then the person probably lost the case. just because you sue doesnt mean youll get money

Max King of the Wild said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

It was a long time ago to be honest, I'd love to have a link to but that was at least 8 years and 5 computers ago :P

you are probably thinking of the coffee case but of there was a pickle incident then the person probably lost the case. just because you sue doesnt mean youll get money

Never heard the verdict nor cared to follow up, my point wasn't that people get money but people like to sue for stupid things even "in game" graphics if someone felt like it, people actually tried to sue when activision fucked up dolby sound on guitar hero III Wii AFTER activision started replacing discs for free and giving people faceplates for their trouble.  It doesn't make sense but people do it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Never heard the verdict nor cared to follow up, my point wasn't that people get money but people like to sue for stupid things even "in game" graphics if someone felt like it, people actually tried to sue when activision fucked up dolby sound on guitar hero III Wii AFTER activision started replacing discs for free and giving people faceplates for their trouble.  It doesn't make sense but people do it.

well i can sue you for pain and suffering for mental anguish your putting me through having this conversation. my point if you werent talking about getting money why bring it up

food companies use rubber and plastic food to get it looking perfect. you dont see them getting sued

Around the Network

I remember reading an article from last year about the top 10 most costly games ever made and killzone came in like 7 or 8 place with 45 million. If I find the article I will put it up.

rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
rocketpig said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

wasnt it because the temperature was higher than it should of been, no caution lable, and the employee put the lid on wrong making it neglegent

Actually, it was because McDonald's had been sued several times previous to that for causing serious injury to people (they were serving their coffee at 140 degrees Farenheit or something obnoxious like that) and the jury decided to make McDonald's pay in an attempt to make them change their methodology.

While that single case seems ridiculous, once you read into it the point becomes quite clear.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Serious_frusting said:
I dont comment on rumors and speculation, that veing said development about 3 years. 40 people to make it until the finishing stages where it increased to 200. Uncharted was like 20mil, so kz2 is around 40-50 mil. they had to create the engine aswell

uncharted was made from the ground up too...

yh i know but ND are resourceful compared to even the best devs about

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

food companies use rubber and plastic food to get it looking perfect. you dont see them getting sued

What's your point ?

Wait, how did we go from talking about Killzone 2's budget to talking about sueing McDonalds?