By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising - Wii to 360 Comparison Video

bazmeistergen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
11ht11 said:

non of the vids have these amount of zombies, capcom really didnt put any effort into this game (well it looked like they did at first but they said F**K it)

^and these were some of the first screens released too

*************Dont reply to this LordTheNightKnight******************

Holy shit I forgot about those, I knew there was SOME reason I was excited for this game at first >_< Why couldn't they actually have that as their final result?

Guys the videos are inaccurate. There are plenty of zombies and the number grows during the game. Those shots reflect moments in the game. 

It's still only a 7 out of 10 game, however.

The main problem is that the game can get repetitive with lots of running back and forth.

I need to find the car lot so I can run over hundreds of 'em!

Really?  Then why not just start the game with this many and try to increase it a little, doesn't have to be a LOT but enough to get the feeling.

But really why isn't there footage of that part of the game?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Maxwell, that's what I'm wondering.

In DR for the 360, zombie hordes did increase while you played, but very slowly. The initial 'wave' at the start of the game was pretty large. Also, I'm wondering if the car(s) will be usable in DRWii. If they are not...I really question why they did not put one of the funnest aspects Dead Rising: Nothing like plowing into thousands of zombies.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Let's see -- the video and follow-up comments show:

1. That the graphics on the 360 look better than the Wii.
2. That is is possible to make a seemingly representative video that may not be as neutral as it seems.
3. That Capcom really does not care about the Wii.
4. That other developers will now do spin-offs and prequels to avoid this direct comparison (but get fanboys riled for other reasons).

In all, it looks pretty good. A buy when the price drops.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

There are sections in the 360 version where there are so many Zombies that you'd think Obama was just elected. Why didn't the comparison video show those?

Ill still probably buy it. i seen other videos of the wii version showing more zombies than the one the video. i think GT is just exaggerating.

Around the Network

mrstickball said:

Also, I'm wondering if the car(s) will be usable in DRWii. If they are not...I really question why they did not put one of the funnest aspects Dead Rising: Nothing like plowing into thousands of zombies.

The sedan is, but I don't think the truck is.

They are so biased on GT, The X360 version had way more zombies.

noname2200 said:

mrstickball said:

Also, I'm wondering if the car(s) will be usable in DRWii. If they are not...I really question why they did not put one of the funnest aspects Dead Rising: Nothing like plowing into thousands of zombies.

The sedan is, but I don't think the truck is.

Are you enjoying the game noname? I am, but it has some definite dull moments.

There's some real cheap moments in the game I think. The respawning Jos and Cliffs, for example.

It's a filler game for me. Filling between bouts of HotD and waiting for Mad World and Pro evo. Finished Deadly Creatures so it's this at the moment.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Looks better than I thought it would.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

noname2200 said:

Nah, there are plenty to go around. I'm near the end of the game, and my kill count is at 9,000. That pales in comparison to the 360 version, of course, but not by as much as those videos would have you think.

9000 at the end of the game? I killed nearly 1000 in the opening scene on the 360. Getting the Zombie Genocide achievement would take ages on the Wii.

It still looks like fun though. It's hard to fuck up zombie killing.