By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Its here the KZ2 review we all been waiting for!!!!(yes gamespot.com)

@making music

what you said had nothing to do with what Wfz was saying.loool

are you sure you are in the right thread?:P

Around the Network

Suddenly I feel pissed at seeing EDGE's 7.0 score for the first time.

@iron

and the edge's main and only problem with the game was the story.3 points deducted for a action oriented FPS story which is really lame.they praised everything else.

I don't personally care for GameSpot, but this is the score I expected. They gave TWO 9.5/10 scores in 2008, to Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Braid. They also gave two 10/10s, to GTA4 and MGS4. They must have given at least 20 9/10s.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gamespot has become pretty whimsical in its grading lately

there seems to be no clear indication of a game being good or bad .. if you look at the pros and cons and not the score of a game it could mean anything though it should indicate why the game got that particular score

but as long as they give the "right" game a good score no one will care.. but god forbid they dont ..then people will remember how dubious gamespot has become

Around the Network

@terislb

just watch the video review ,it sounds more like 10/10

He really liked it, so a 9 seems a tad low....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

this was about gamespots double standards in rating.. not about how they rated that particular game

as for the game itself im just suprised that they gave it a 9 when it has these flaws with the singleplayer... if the story is bad and the characters generic and unlikable.. that does seem like a big problem for singleplayer.. because you play the game partially for the story dont you?

before this discussion turns into the vgchartz typical 4 pages and beyond dialoge between us .. , this is all i have to say about it

i dont understand a 9 from some of the most rigid reviewers i know ..while other games that have only minor flaws get a 7 or 8 . something

Guys its still an A's average so why complain lets just enjoy this game!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

wfz said:
makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:
My god, I can't believe I even lasted 1:30 into the video. That guy is HORRIBLE at speaking, and extremely awkward looking when he stands in front of the camera.

Someone please make it to away. T_T

Plenty of reviewers scored Killzone 2 higher than or equal to Gears 2.

Higher than:

GamePro
Meristation
Worth Playing
IGN AU
NZGamer
GamingXP
Gaming Nexus
PALGN

Same as:

Giant Bomb (formed from ex-GameSpot guys)
GameSpot (their only credible guys left to form Giant Bomb - though Jeff has some crappy opinions - TP 8.8, never forget!)
IGN UK
Play.tm
GameDaily
Eurogamer
Kikizio

Worse than:

IGN US (worse than R2 too, hah)
GameTrailers
Edge (9.0 vs 7.0...um)
GameSpy
GameInformer

Uh, what?

My thoughts exactly... WHAT?

Also the video review kinda stunk would have been better if the video review was nothing but gameplay, that guy ruined it :P

He never really mentioned anything about what special things KZ2 does...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000