By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 Is The Best Fps Ever.

I'll pick it up tomorrow after work...I'm smelling a half day tomorrow, maybe I'm not feeling so well....

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
Electro General said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Electro General said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
all people say how great this game is, but noone says what makes it soooo great, is it the gameplay, story, style, graphics? someone!?

Its mostly people who only game on the Playstation, which has always been FPS starved.

That goes a long way in explaining why people say this sort of shit.

I'm wondering if you realize that most of the shooters are multiplatform.  Therefore, those games are on the PS3 also.  Only Halo 3 is a noteable FPS (Gears is a TPS).  PS3 owners have R1 and R2, so your explanation fails.

Playstation 1 and in particular the PS2 had jack shit in the FPS department, especially with regards to online. In my experience PS players have been... lets say less than profiecient at FPs games. Even ones who own a PS3.

I'm think I might have to call you Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic 4.  The stretching you are doing now is...fantastic!  PS1 & PS2...really?! LMAO!

anyone that thinks this is clearly stupid, the mp wont even touch TF2 or CSS, and no sane person would call it better than System Shock 2, Deus Ex or the Half Lifes

Hmmmm better than Half Life 2 and Halo CE ????
Sry I don't believe you, but I'm really looking forward to get my hands on it.

Unfortunately I have to wait until March because I'm broke ATM.

1337 Gamer said:
Short answer is no its not. It may look good as far as console games go but compared to a high end rig running crysis it looks like @$$.

Im sry that is fact and because most reviewers say the only thing going for it is Graphics. Even though i dont particularly trust reviews when they all say the same thing its hard to argue.

But it is a good game dont get me wrong and think im bashing KZ2 because its an awesome game but its not the best FPS ever.

You've obviously not played through the game yourself. I won't judge but this game does look. And it stands with crysis. I've played crysis on ultra high.. And this is in some departments close or better. In others crysis wins hands down. But you'll also need 4 gigs of ram, a dualcore and a 9800 to achieve that.

I'll also say that most reviewers has not said the graphics is the only thing it has going for it and everything about this game is great. The only complaints I have, and these are minor, are that your allied AI can be pretty dumb sometimes, and that some of the voices can be a little out of place at times. That is it. Everything else is pure awesome. (enemy AI doesn't have the same problems btw)

@kazad91.

I have team fortress 2.. and this rapes it. Well if you ask me. The thing is that everything is opinion..

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:
1337 Gamer said:
Short answer is no its not. It may look good as far as console games go but compared to a high end rig running crysis it looks like @$$.

Im sry that is fact and because most reviewers say the only thing going for it is Graphics. Even though i dont particularly trust reviews when they all say the same thing its hard to argue.

But it is a good game dont get me wrong and think im bashing KZ2 because its an awesome game but its not the best FPS ever.

You've obviously not played through the game yourself. I won't judge but this game does look. And it stands with crysis. I've played crysis on ultra high.. And this is in some departments close or better. In others crysis wins hands down. But you'll also need 4 gigs of ram, a dualcore and a 9800 to achieve that.

I'll also say that most reviewers has not said the graphics is the only thing it has going for it and everything about this game is great. The only complaints I have, and these are minor, are that your allied AI can be pretty dumb sometimes, and that some of the voices can be a little out of place at times. That is it. Everything else is pure awesome. (enemy AI doesn't have the same problems btw)

@kazad91.

I have team fortress 2.. and this rapes it. Well if you ask me. The thing is that everything is opinion..

Killzone 2's going to get 'Bonked'!

IllegalPaladin said:
Staude said:
1337 Gamer said:

@kazad91.

Killzone 2's going to get 'Bonked'!

Bonked ?

Isn't that the sound if you kill someone in C&C renegade ?

Check out my game about moles ^

BHR-3 said:
well not with out blind fire from cover it isnt, how could ur AI and enemy AI be able to do it and not the player, i dont think weve seen the best FPS yet

i would also like to C apart from blind fire while in cover

the ability to roll or dive while in FP from cover to cover and while in cover the ability to look around 360 degrees

I agree.  Did someone confirm no blind fire from cover in the retail version?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Is it important to have played the first game in order to fully appreciate the story of the 2nd game?

So far, my understanding is that it's a zone ... where some sort of killing happens ... again.

dbot said:
BHR-3 said:
well not with out blind fire from cover it isnt, how could ur AI and enemy AI be able to do it and not the player, i dont think weve seen the best FPS yet

i would also like to C apart from blind fire while in cover

the ability to roll or dive while in FP from cover to cover and while in cover the ability to look around 360 degrees

I agree.  Did someone confirm no blind fire from cover in the retail version?

idk i ve been asking this ? in all those forums in the sony sections of people getting ther copy earily to no avail i quess they have better things to talk about i ve read something about a auto aim feature witch allows you to blind fire IDK though would like to know from those who have the game 

anybody know if the game BLACK had a cover system similar to KZ or if it even had one

Play Me