By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 Is The Best Fps Ever.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I'm not sure if Killzone 2 is the best FPS ever, but the electricity gun is certainly the best FPS weapon ever :D

No it's not, it doesn't shoot shurikens with the lightning.

Around the Network
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Electro General said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
all people say how great this game is, but noone says what makes it soooo great, is it the gameplay, story, style, graphics? someone!?

Its mostly people who only game on the Playstation, which has always been FPS starved.

That goes a long way in explaining why people say this sort of shit.

I'm wondering if you realize that most of the shooters are multiplatform.  Therefore, those games are on the PS3 also.  Only Halo 3 is a noteable FPS (Gears is a TPS).  PS3 owners have R1 and R2, so your explanation fails.

Playstation 1 and in particular the PS2 had jack shit in the FPS department, especially with regards to online. In my experience PS players have been... lets say less than profiecient at FPs games. Even ones who own a PS3.

When i get the PS3, (in the next cut-price) ill get this great game.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Wyku said:
Johann said:
I have no idea. What I can say for certain is that the best FPS I've ever played was Goldeneye. I pretty much hate FPSs and even I enjoyed the shit out of Goldeneye. No other FPS has been able to capture my interest.

I'm with you man.  Although, I really enjoyed/am enjoying the Orange Box games which has perked my interest in FPS' again.  I'm interested to see KZ2 in action for myself, but the only person I know with a PS3 lives 650km away from me :.

The Orange Box wasn't that great, Half-Life 2 was out years ago, same with Episode One... Episode Two was ok and i don't like Team Fortress 2 at all... The money was worth only because of the amazing Portal, and it's not a shooter...

Although, for people that didn't play HL2 and EP1 when they came out, it's a really great deal...

well not with out blind fire from cover it isnt, how could ur AI and enemy AI be able to do it and not the player, i dont think weve seen the best FPS yet

i would also like to C apart from blind fire while in cover

the ability to roll or dive while in FP from cover to cover and while in cover the ability to look around 360 degrees

Play Me

Around the Network

Short answer is no its not. It may look good as far as console games go but compared to a high end rig running crysis it looks like @$$.

Im sry that is fact and because most reviewers say the only thing going for it is Graphics. Even though i dont particularly trust reviews when they all say the same thing its hard to argue.

But it is a good game dont get me wrong and think im bashing KZ2 because its an awesome game but its not the best FPS ever.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

KZ2 is a great game indeed, but...

best FPS ever mmmh... best FPS ever on a console... maybe.

Anyway, the best FPS is obviously Deus Ex thouh ^_^ Well, that's not exactly a pure FPS... more a first person RPG. But it's so great !

@1337 Gamer
I didin't think a second this game is all about graphics.
I really didin't care all that hype of Killzone 2 graphics.
They are just nice thing to have.

Take my love, take my land..

Mine arrives tomorrow. can't wait

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I'm not sure if Killzone 2 is the best FPS ever, but the electricity gun is certainly the best FPS weapon ever :D

Î agree with that. You should be able to have that in the entire game XD

After having played the full singleplayer and some multiplayer, I think that it's definately up there among the best. In both departments. This game should be remembered because it really brings some new things to the table. Like the way the multiplayer is presented.

And I've played fps since Doom 2.

Also to the orange thing.. So true XD

Check out my game about moles ^