By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 Is The Best Fps Ever.

foont said:
Is it important to have played the first game in order to fully appreciate the story of the 2nd game?

So far, my understanding is that it's a zone ... where some sort of killing happens ... again.

No and no

You can get all the info you need without playing it.

Around the Network
dbot said:
BHR-3 said:
well not with out blind fire from cover it isnt, how could ur AI and enemy AI be able to do it and not the player, i dont think weve seen the best FPS yet

i would also like to C apart from blind fire while in cover

the ability to roll or dive while in FP from cover to cover and while in cover the ability to look around 360 degrees

I agree.  Did someone confirm no blind fire from cover in the retail version?

I remember reading in an interview with the devs that they originally were going to implement blind fire together with the cover mechanics, but later they abandoned the blind fire because they never wanted during the action to move away from first person perspective, as in blind fire you're obviously firing in a different direction from the one you're facing.

I suppose the same explanation covers the roll (in FP it would have been sick-inducing :) ). The slide, though, would have been nice.

As to this being "the best FPS ever", it's quite far-stretched, simply because the FPS genre encompasses so many different animals. Some games are FPS just accidentally, so to say...

HL and Bioshock, or Metroid games are mostly FP adventures, where you also shoot alot :)

Other games like Deus Ex of System Shock were FP RPGs... where you also shot alot, and so on.

What I can say is that I never had this much fun with the gunplay, thus I can say that for me it beats all the "pure" FPSs I've played, including Halo CE, F.E.A.R., the various Dooms and Quakes and Crysis

The jury is still out on the MP to see if I like playing this more than CS1.6

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

WereKitten said:
dbot said:
BHR-3 said:
well not with out blind fire from cover it isnt, how could ur AI and enemy AI be able to do it and not the player, i dont think weve seen the best FPS yet

the ability to roll or dive while in FP from cover to cover and while in cover the ability to look around 360 degrees

I remember reading in an interview with the devs that they originally were going to implement blind fire together with the cover mechanics, but later they abandoned the blind fire because they never wanted during the action to move away from first person perspective, as in blind fire you're obviously firing in a different direction from the one you're facing.

I suppose the same explanation covers the roll (in FP it would have been sick-inducing :) ). The slide, though, would have been nice.

As to this being "the best FPS ever", it's quite far-stretched, simply because the FPS genre encompasses so many different animals. Some games are FPS just accidentally, so to say...

HL and Bioshock, or Metroid games are mostly FP adventures, where you also shoot alot :)

Other games like Deus Ex of System Shock were FP RPGs... where you also shot alot, and so on.

What I can say is that I never had this much fun with the gunplay, thus I can say that for me it beats all the "pure" FPSs I've played, including Halo CE, F.E.A.R., the various Dooms and Quakes and Crysis

i dont know wat ur were saying but in this vid u never really fired in a diffrent direction wen blind firing

Play Me

@ IllegalPaladin

Much obliged for the links. I was joking about it being a zone for killing, but the actual storyline is similar to what I expected it to be. I really like the way the imagery references Nazi images from the 30s and 40s, but in a futuristic/space kind of way.

If I ever get my hands on a PS3, I would play this game.

WereKitten said:
dbot said:
BHR-3 said:

im staying away from FPS untill they can achieve that mirrors edge has a good dive roll view why cant any other FPS

i think all shooter games should have a cover system it makes for good stop and pop gameplay and adds MEAT to the game

Play Me

Around the Network

This type of boosting is exclusive to PS3 fans.
I don't care what anyone else says.
PS3 fanboys always say their games are the "BEST EVER!"
This goes along with "MGS4 BEST GAME THIS GENERATION" for being the stupidest things to say.
Yeah "ever" as if there were no FPS released before and no FPS going to be released after Killzone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

nope... Halo series is the best FPS of all time for all the modes you found in the game

I just played 2 levels of it when my cousin drop by my house. It was torture. I got a taste of it and now I'm going to have to wait for days.. Saddest part I don't have SO4 to comfort me! :C

ive just finished the game it was awesome but some levels were insanely hard. im gonna jump into multiplayer now.

Simulacrum said:
@1337 Gamer
I didin't think a second this game is all about graphics.
I really didin't care all that hype of Killzone 2 graphics.
They are just nice thing to have.

i didnt mean that the way i was just saying reviewers alike are all saying its just like every other shooter apart from the stellar visuals. It is a good game as i stated before and i am definatly looking forward to playing it but i and many others will argue that it is not the best fps ever. sry if my post got u offended

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!