By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm starting to like my PS3 just as much as my Xbox 360!

Ok the PS3 was always worse than my Xbox 360 game wise and online wise. This is changing. I tried Little Big Planet and realized the ps3 has a lot of hope still left in it. Also, with Killzone 2 coming I'll be very interested to see a ps3 game to sell about a million week 1! This only usually happens with 360 games so yeah ps3 is definetely catching up.

Now for online, the 360 has a huge advantage. My ps3 sometimes signs me off of playstation network for no reason. But I heard rumors that the next ps3 update will fix a lot of the profile problems and speed up the XMB. I think they should release a patch so you can listen to music while playing all games. Also they need to add trophies to older games. (I'm pissed that there arn't trophies in Ratchet & Clank future: tool of destruction.) If I have more to say, I'll say it but please discuss...

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Now for online, the 360 has a huge advantage. My ps3 sometimes signs me off of playstation network for no reason.

Never happens to me, are you using wi-fi or wired connection?

I think they should release a patch so you can listen to music while playing all games.

Already done, it's developers job to make their games compatible.

Also they need to add trophies to older games.

Same as above, only game devs can add them.

Year of the PS3 confirmed for realz?

I agree that Sony is beginning to catch Microsoft. Good to see them stand up and fight after taking it for so long.

Asmo said:
toastboy44562 said:

Now for online, the 360 has a huge advantage. My ps3 sometimes signs me off of playstation network for no reason.

Never happens to me, are you using wi-fi or wired connection?

I think they should release a patch so you can listen to music while playing all games.

Already done, it's developers job to make their games compatible.

Also they need to add trophies to older games.

Same as above, only game devs can add them.

im using wired

i agree i wish sony added trophys to older game i just got siren: blood curse i like it but i wish it had trophys
same with MGS4, heavenly sword, disgaea 3.. killzone 2 to more o ^_^

Around the Network

I actually like my PS3 more then my 360.

The PSN still has some catching up to do though in regards to the speed of Xbox Live. The loading time for profiles/trophies on the XMB is pathetic. They also need to improve the overall quality of the voice chat, and add the ability to send voice messages.

Overall though, the PSN is improving each week, and fast heading in the right direction.

If anyone reads the OP, they will realise he isnt praising the ps3 at all, its simply another bash against it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I agree with you Toast. I still think the custom soundtrack option steals some game resources, so I don't know if Sony can make it universal. Also, Sony should implement cross-game invites, parties, and improve the web integration with the trophies/gamercards.

I wish MS would let me copy my MP3's to my hard drive.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I remember back in the day when nearly every dual console owner would say they play their 360 all the time while their PS3 gathers dust. I never seem to hear that anymore. I've always preferred the PS3 though, it just needs a few more small improvements to the PSN.

Liar! go 360!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence