By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wheelman Dev say "The PS3 is a huge pain in the ass"

This pretty much sums up what most developers, and Sony itself have said, just from different perspectives, since Sony thinks this is a positive thing:

Just when we were thinking about how long it had been since the last 360 vs. PS3 debacle, The Wheelman's Executive Producer Shaun Himmerick has come along to save the day.

When asked by ThisXboxLife.com what it had been like to develop simultaneously for Xbox 360 and PS3, Himmerick replied:

"The politically incorrect answer is that the PS3 is a huge pain in the ass. Anyone making a game, if you're going to make it for both [360 and PS3], just lead on the PS3 because if it works on the PS3 it'll work on 360."

"The easiest way to look at it is, the 360 has one big chunk of memory, but the PS3 has two chunks of memory that in total are the same size as the Xbox, but because they're split you can't share memory the same way. That will bite you in the ass, and it bit us in the ass bad."

http://www.n4g.com/dev/News-284505.aspx

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

and yet you have other DEVELOPER'S from Sony that has said that the PS3 is not any harder to develop on than the xbox360

TED PRICE seem's to think so:

so yea you can find any source to fit an agenda

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

its sonys fault they should have told developers to do this........ :O oh wait!! they did -_-

Programming on the PS3 is harder. So? Can we just resurrect some 2006 threads and debate them again?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Maybe this was all part of Sony's plan. Notice how the conclusion is to lead multiplat titles on the PS3?

Around the Network

"It bit us in the ass bad."

And I thought my hopes couldn't get any higher for this game...

Tell me something I don't know.

However, everyone should listen to this guy on topic of lead developing.

i want killzone, mag , god of war, gt5 , uncharted 2...........not the wheelman

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

joeorc said:

and yet you have other DEVELOPER'S from Sony that has said that the PS3 is not any harder to develop on than the xbox360

TED PRICE seem's to think so:

so yea you can find any source to fit an agenda

Please provide the source, since last time I check, Ted Price doesn't develop on the PS3, so How can he possibly know?  Gimme some multi-platform developers saying so, and there's the little fact of having Sony THEMSELVES say it...what was Sony's agenda in that?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

So ps3 is now being used as the "Main" console for developing?