By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Hates Lesbians

The flaw with that is the Live ToS doesn't say anywhere that you cannot refer to your own sexuality in a clean fashion, and "Lesbian" is not an illegal term. And MS' action here is in fact contradictory to their own ToS. They ask people who play online not to discriminate or display bigotry against anyone for any reason, then they themselves ban someone from using a paying service for being outed as a homosexual. Isn't that like 7 kinds of illegal?

Keeping in mind the Tos also says you cannot refer in any part of your Tag/profile to ANY illegal activity. I must have missed the memo about killing not being illegal anymore judging by the amount of tags with some kind of reference to it. Fact is, they aren't covering their own backs, quite the opposite, discriminating openly against a minority and pandering to small minded bigots AND failing to employ equal standards across the board. I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard "faggot" and "nigger" online, yet people aren't being banned for it everywhere, are they? Because they'd end up losing vast sums of money losing most of their player base.

Will you teach me to football?

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
/Thread.

Straight from the Microsoft Xbox Live Terms of Service:
You agree that we may also discontinue your access to the Service if you do any of the following while connected to the Service:

Create a Gamertag , avatar or use text in other profile fields that may offend other members. This includes comments that look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate or relate to any of the following: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities;

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/LiveTOU.htm

So yes, this woman should not have posted her sexuality on her profile, as it is a sexual topic and against the terms stated in the contract. Just like people who use the words gay, homo, or any other profane word, you are subject to banning because of the violation of their code of conduct.

This is not some "unjust" action done by MS to alienate the gay/lesbian community, just a simple rule because there are plenty of people who are offended by it. Just as you people are hating on those who are "homophobic" you are being the biggest hypocrite ever. There is no law that says we have to accept all sexual orientations. It is our free will to judge as we see fit. That does not mean that we will discriminate and hate on them, that just means we don't have to agree with it. Microsoft did not discriminate against this individual... it was a simple violation of their Terms of Use.

Who are you to say that lesbian is an offencive term? as long as she dosent describe the action i dont see what ur problem with it is

Sexuality is NOT a sexual topic, unless you assume that being homosexual makes you a pervert and being heterosexual makes you not a pervert, in which case you are a bigot. Stating that you are a lesbian doesn't mean that you are dying to find some hot kinky lesbian sex. It means that you are emotionally/romantically attracted to women and not emotionally/romantically attracted to men. For all we know, that one single random lesbian can be a virgin and waiting to get married, but still thinks that identifying as a lesbian is an important part of her life.

MicroSoft will ban you for mentioning certain sexualities, but allows names like StripClubDJ.

antfromtashkent said:
nightsurge said:
/Thread.

You agree that we may also discontinue your access to the Service if you do any of the following while connected to the Service:

Create a Gamertag , avatar or use text in other profile fields that may offend other members. This includes comments that look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate or relate to any of the following: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities;

So yes, this woman should not have posted her sexuality on her profile, as it is a sexual topic and against the terms stated in the contract. Just like people who use the words gay, homo, or any other profane word, you are subject to banning because of the violation of their code of conduct.

This is not some "unjust" action done by MS to alienate the gay/lesbian community, just a simple rule because there are plenty of people who are offended by it. Just as you people are hating on those who are "homophobic" you are being the biggest hypocrite ever. There is no law that says we have to accept all sexual orientations. It is our free will to judge as we see fit. That does not mean that we will discriminate and hate on them, that just means we don't have to agree with it. Microsoft did not discriminate against this individual... it was a simple violation of their Terms of Use.

Who are you to say that lesbian is an offencive term? as long as she dosent describe the action i dont see what ur problem with it is

I am an American who has every right to see offense in the term.  Who are you to deny me this right?  Call me a bigot, but if the world was ready to accept gay/lesbians in their entirety, why all the laws against gay marriage?  Why is the major religions of the world against it?  Obviously to anyone of those religions it is offensive.  Should Microsoft say that you cannot be a Christian on the service and force you to accept all sexual orientations?

Oh and YES sexuality is a sexual topic....  I'm not assuming anything about anyone being a pervert.  I'm pretty sure everyone with half a brain can make that connection.

Microsoft does not allow those names, which is why users have the ability to report them and force them to be changed.

Just looking at the XBox Live user database and found a user named "Homicide".

QUICK! BAN HIM!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

*Create a Gamertag , avatar or use text in other profile fields that may offend other members.

So to get someone banned

I just have to be offended?

Fantastic.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Euphoria14 said:

Just looking at the XBox Live user database and found a user named "Homicide".

QUICK! BAN HIM!

He will only get banned if it was Homocide.

Or maybe not, since EM DOLLARSIGN HATES TEH GAYZ AND WOOD LIEK TO KILL THEM!

You don't have to hate gays to be Christian. I have no idea what you're talking about. There are gay priests, gay churches, gay weddings, and whoa, now get this, there are even some churches where they let homos and heteros sit next to each other and pray together and be friends the way Jesus would have wanted! Isn't that fucking sick?

nightsurge said:
antfromtashkent said:
nightsurge said:
/Thread.

I am an American who has every right to see offense in the term.  Who are you to deny me this right?  Call me a bigot, but if the world was ready to accept gay/lesbians in their entirety, why all the laws against gay marriage?  Why is the major religions of the world against it?  Obviously to anyone of those religions it is offensive.  Should Microsoft say that you cannot be a Christian on the service and force you to accept all sexual orientations?

Oh and YES sexuality is a sexual topic....  I'm not assuming anything about anyone being a pervert.  I'm pretty sure everyone with half a brain can make that connection.

Microsoft does not allow those names, which is why users have the ability to report them and force them to be changed.

Just for your interest. As an American you should know that "all men are created equal". Just because some stubborn people think homosexuality shouldn't be accepted doesn't mean you should agree with their opinion, really.

And there is a difference between being homosexual and not accepting that another person is homosexual: Being homosexual doesn't do anybody any harm. Your existence can't be punished right? I'm an atheist, does that mean I can demand christians getting banned on Xbox Live? I mean... maybe I don't like their opinion?

Uh oh! I found Genocide!

BAN HIM TOO!

I AM OFFENDED DAMN IT!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!