By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: RE5 screenshot comparison

Ugh it's not 2006. Multiplats are coming out looking exactly the same. Maybe you'll notice the glint off a window looking better on PS3. Perhaps somones shoelace will look better on 360. The games look friggan the same. If you want to see the true power of each system look at their exclusives.

Around the Network

I seriously doubt they edited the photos themselves. They have no reason to go through that much trouble for something nobody would care about. Odds are Capcom PR just sent them a photopacket to be put up on their site, and they came with those edits so they could be put on each respective site.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I can hardly believe the pictures would be pixel-perfect equal between the two platforms. There's something fishy here.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Barozi said:

Even if they look the same, this looks very fake.

Look at this:

Exact the same camera angle, character stands in the same position, 3 shoots with the pistol

You've got to be kididng me, every thing, every angle, and ...........everything, is identical in those pictures, besides the button displayed in the middle.

That's the biggest BS I've seen in a while.

For the love of, I can guarantee IGN didn't "shop" these photos. Until they get either the full game or a playable preview build to keep in the office, all of their photos come from the companies PR division who's job is to provide screenshots, info, and press releases about the game.

And even if they have a build in their possession unsupervised and want to release screen caps they have to get permission for each individual photo from the PR guys. So these photos are definitely without a doubt from Capcom's PR people who sent out photos that could be used on both 360 and PS3 sites without "alienating" the fanbase by including the wrong buttons. It's not a conspiracy, there isn't anything fishy about it. It's just capcom's PR sending out promotional screenshots that they themselves edited for the convenience of media outlets.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
wfz said:
Barozi said:

Look at this:

Exact the same camera angle, character stands in the same position, 3 shoots with the pistol

You've got to be kididng me, every thing, every angle, and ...........everything, is identical in those pictures, besides the button displayed in the middle.

Are you assuming the PS3 can't generate these graphics? Bad, bad fanboy!!11 D:

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I don't recall the action button popping up in the demo, unless there was some action you would be able to perform. It doesn't look like there is a door or anything to interact with.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

^ It's probably written "Cover" or something.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

wfz said:
Barozi said:

Look at this:

lol I hope that "BS" wasn't directed at me ^^

Of course I saw the different button, it's still from the same screenshot.

Whoa, they are exactly the same!