By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LITTLE BIG PLANET, MOTORSTORM, ROCK BAND, ASSASIN'S CREED FOR PSP!

Just when I was starting to worry that my favorite current-gen system was slowing down Sony makes this announcement. I'm very happy to see this and I hope these games turn out well.

Around the Network

Wow. This is insane.

PSP now has killer Japanese AND Western support for this year!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

go psp!

Suddenly software titles, thousands of them. Seriously though, PSP just exploded out of nowhere. I think rumors of a successor are pretty much squashed for now

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

So are you trying to tell me Sony is bringing us...
PS3:Killzone 2, InFamous, Heavy Rain,God of War III, Uncharted 2, White Knight Chronicles, M.A.G., Demon's Soul, etc.

And...
PSP: Prinnies:Can I be a hero?, Final Fantasy Dissidia, MotorstormPSP, LBP PSP, Assassin's Creed PSP, Rockband PSP,etc

(--_--)............(0_-)...........(0_O)WTF?

Sony taking the console AND the handheld market by storm in 2009.........CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
So are you trying to tell me Sony third parties and Sony is bringing us...
PS3:Killzone 2, InFamous, Heavy Rain,God of War III(2010), Uncharted 2, White Knight Chronicles, M.A.G., Demon's Soul, etc.

And...
PSP: Prinnies:Can I be a hero? (NIS), Final Fantasy Dissidia (SE), MotorstormPSP, LBP PSP, Assassin's Creed PSP(UBISOFT), Rockband PSP(EA),etc

Sony taking the console AND the handheld market by storm in 2009.........CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

fixed that a bit for you... though you left out S-E is bringing Kingdom Heart Birth By Sleep.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
PS3:Killzone 2, InFamous, Heavy Rain,God of War III(2010), Uncharted 2, White Knight Chronicles, M.A.G., Demon's Soul, etc.

And...
PSP: Prinnies:Can I be a hero? (NIS), Final Fantasy Dissidia (SE), MotorstormPSP, LBP PSP, Assassin's Creed PSP(UBISOFT), Rockband PSP(EA),etc

fixed that a bit for you... though you left out S-E is bringing Kingdom Heart Birth By Sleep.

Although, I'd say that Sony played a big part and bringing these new games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

And...

I wasnt sure if BBS was announced to be slated for an 09 release. If it is then the more the merrier. My PSP anticipation list goes....

KH:Birth by Sleep

FF:Dissidia

LBP Portable

Assassin's Creed Portable

and I still have a few games I need to get that have already come out such as Star Ocean 1 and 2 for PSP.

Greatness Awaits

Staude said:
Dinomax said:
Munkeh111 said:
Dinomax said:
The real question no one has asked yet is...

Why?

Shouldn't Sony be pushing more development towards the PS3 that needs a push instead of there pirated, software sink hole known as the PSP?

Because BigBig are a PSP developer, and we don't know who is making LBP PSP, though it is not just MM. Anyway, Sony can't just abondon the PSP, God of War CoO managed to sell 1.5m on it, which is certainly not bad. Sony's main development studios are still Naughty Dog and Insomniac and they will continue to focus on the PS3 (though Insomniac are forming a satellite studio which could do PSN stuff)

Sony can't abandon the PSP?  Why not?  Its not making them money and the software isn't keeping anyone around.(clearly there last game to chart was LAST YEAR.) 

So now youv got another system in dire need OF support now being having less time on the market  VS handheld thats not selling software and people are buying it for other uses than gaming.

They can't turn around now on the PS3 it needs a steady flow of software.  Not go backwards to the system that clearly being dead in the water for a while.

SLAP

They had the biggest selling game in freaking japan last year.  Monster hunter ? remember that ? The game still charting on the japanese charts Despite being a year old or so ?

Just because you don't have a psp doesn't mean that sony should instantly drop focus of all their other platforms and just develop things catered to you.

That would certainly not only piss people off, but limit their potential user base to.. well a lot less than what it is now.

Another note is that psp games are cheap to develop in comparison with ps3 games.

Wow Monster Hunter, did it even leave japan?   Oh yeah it did it just nobody bought it.  Funny about that japan being the niche market now. Japan < World.

Wow once again no one looks at my game collection ""hur dur he critise my favourite handheld or console hur dur his baised!""  I own a PSP and its games have being very underwhelming in my own oppion (except god of war holy crap awesome) ,  I know its now floating face down in the waters so  might as well use that talent to push the console on the market that NEEDS life pushed into it.  Because lets face it, software sales ARE bad for the system.  PS3 needs MORE software to stop it slumming into PSP territory of long waits with very little exclusives.

And there is no confirmation that when Sony said GOWIII 2009 that they didn't mean 2009 release so I am still allowed to toat it as a 09 release :)

Greatness Awaits