By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The price of a next gen title screen - RE 5 is 7-8 hours long

Onyxmeth said:
ItsaMii said:
Onyxmeth said:
ItsaMii said:
Onyxmeth said:

Translation: I am just disagreeing with you for the sake of disagreeing. I have no idea what you are disagreeing with. RE 3 is the worst in the series. Well, unless you count Gun Survivor and other spin offs as part of the series. Choose your standard: Metacritic, user reviews, fan opinions, number of remakes. RE 3 is the worst. That is the closest to fact that you will ever get (considering tastes are subjective). I would like to add that I did not say that my opinions are facts, but I will say that my opinions are worth more than yours especially when it comes to RE series. Get over it.

Your James Bond arguments are confusing. Why are you mixing stuff like different console generations? All I said is that aging better is not a good measure to game quality. Bad games may age better than great classics. That is why Goldeneye is better than any other 007 game. It was amazing and revolutionary when it came out, not more of the same generic crap.

I only count the RE's that play like RE's and I'd have to say that given how dated they were at the time they arrived, Code Veronica, RE Zero and Outbreak 1 & 2, were much worse than RE3, which at least had tank controls before other series had undoubtedly improved on the formula. All of your criteria with Meta, fans, etc. all lend Outbreak 1 & 2 as the worst by far so no good there. Your opinions being worth more than mine is hilarious considering you don't even sound like a fan of the series, are bitching about the newest one, and don't have an HD console to play it on anyways. I figured a long time RE fan such as yourself would at least own the console the newest is coming out on. However the title of your thread says perfectly what the true intentions of this thread are, bitter tears.

It was amazing and revolutionary when it came out, not more of the same generic crap.

Funny how that line of yours describes the RE series eventual downfall in gameplay perfectly well, lending to what I said that each iteration of tank controls, box puzzles, and a mountain of keys just got worst than the last, making RE3 much more acceptable based on it's time it came out than Code Veronica, RE Zero and the two Outbreaks were.

It is really cute when you try to discuss things you don`t know. RE Outbreak? Are you really that desperate to disprove me? We are talking about main series. I think I made it clear on the last post. Even you said "I only count the RE's that play like RE's". Did you play Outbreak? It is focused on online play. Melee weapons play a more important role than any other RE in the series, there are 8 playable characters, inventory is smaller than ever, you have to complete the stages with the help of other 2-3 players, characters have special abilities, there is an infection rate (kinda like a time limit), you don`t need keys to open all doors (you can shoot or break them), there are only 5 chapters (you don`t keep your items once you complete them). It doesn`t play at any other RE at all. What is next? RE gaiden? Gun Survivor?

Guess what, my opinions are worth more than yours. Read the sentence again. Whose opinion about RE is worth more to you? If you answer anything other than mine, (meaning yours) you are retarded. It may sound offensive, but if take it literally you will understand. It is like telling someone that his mom was born naked.

Your attempts at making me sound like a fraud are pathetic. What you wrote is really retarded. Did you read it? To be a fan of any series mean I can`t bitch about it. Did you miss the memo that said that no one bitch more about something than its fans? Or do you think a true fan should always buy the game no matter how it suck, dissapoint or bore them? As for not onwing a semi-HD console claim, it is wrong in so many ways:

1) I don`t need to play all the games from any series to be fan of it. I doubt most Mega man fans played all those spin offs. Even the main series are massive (9 megaman, 8 X, 4 zero, don`t know how many ZX).
2) To be a fan of any series I don`t need to own all the consoles they were released on. I can play it at a friend`s house, I can rent it.
3) I own a Xbox 360. You lose, try harder next time.

This next part is very childish and immature read it at your own risk. As for personal attacks used to disprove arguments, I will shoot back. I am a much better player than you will ever be. In the 2 months I own the 360, I finished more games than you will by the end of generation. My gamer score is almost 4 times as much as yours. So don`t try to sound like you know more about RE just because you have a console to play RE 5. Also, if you own a dog, I would like to tell you it is ugly and mine is much cooler.

You are making assumptions and wrong ones. RE series was stagnant when RE 3 came out. CV, Zero, REmake did not solve it either.I loved what RE 4 did. It may be a giant "Fuck You" sign to some survival horror fans and some RE fans. Even so I believe that good gameplay come over atmosphere or tradition. Better yet, RE 4 did a good job of mixing old and new elements. I don`t want more keys and less ammo like every RE after CV did. I dislike RE 5 for different reasons (and believe me, not being a Wii game is not one of them).

Last, I will make an assumption and say you did not play or finish a lot of RE. You did not make one argument about gameplay that make it sound like you played a lot of them. It sounds like you took it from some review. You don`t talk about gameplay like challenge, guns, amount of ammo, puzzles, lenght, bosses, extra features, unlockables. It is all some lame crap like tank controls were more dated in newer RE than RE 3. I bet you did not even finish RE 3. I will ignore you on RE 3 topic unless you can anwer me these:

1) How did you deal with every Nemesis encounter in the game (boss and non boss). What strategies did you use?

2) How does RE 3 is fresher or better than RE 0 or Veronica. Point me some gameplay features that made it a better. Compare to what you disliked in those games (ammo, item management, bosses, extras).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii, I am not absolutely sure whether or not this thread is a parody of the infamous "Super Mario Galaxy is apparently only 7-15 hours long" thread. However, if I had to take a guess, I would say that you are serious.

You are sharper than me. I missed a great chance. Unfortunatelly it is just some random bitching from a RE veteran. You should have seen the scene after I played the RE 5 demo. It was really sad. Imagine a man sitting alone in his living room mumbling: "4 years Capcom, 4 god damn years ..."

Then I saw this news and I lost it. There was so much hype about RE5, so many lies. It would be longer than RE4, it would be one of the best looking games this generation, that there were new revolutionary features to make the game feel fresh. For a game with a anti 480p title screen it is really disappointing. 7-8 hours gameplay, tacked on squad member, retarded AI. It won`t be a bad game. It will proudly shine in the mountain of crappy and generic FPS. It is just a awfull RE game and the most expensive one. When I think about all the franchises that Capcom ignored (Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha, Phoenix Wright) to make this one a priority I feel like crying.

Capcom is dead for me.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:

When Mikami left Capcom I knew that the next RE would not be as awesome as RE 4. Even if he stayed, it would be a tough job to make a game as awesome as RE 4. What I did not expect was that RE 5 developers were aiming to take RE 3 "worst RE ever" trophy. It seems like every new info I get about the game I like it less.

First there were the "racist" claims. Sure they were bullshit, but I think that the Africa setting was a lame idea. It is like GTA mafia settings, it is either Italians, Russians, Chineses or other crappy stereotype. Media likes to blow things out off proportion, after some months we would all forget about it. That was until Capcom decided to add white zombies to make it less racist.

Then there was the demo. We all know how it was disappointing. Some complained about the AI, others about the dated controls, overall it did not feel like the next step in the RE series. I think it was trying too hard to be a RE4 on steroids while trying to add some "next gen" fan favorite features like squad based gameplay and co-op. Yeah it was a big failure for me.

Now there are claims that the game is 7-8 hours long. Great considering RE 4 was around 20 hours long. I know some people complained that RE 4 was too long, but I don`t think they wanted a campaign that is less than half its lenght. Just read the comments on the blog (from UK Xbox 360 World):

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=208807&site=xbw&skip=yes

All I have to ask is: was it worth it Capcom? 4 year of development time, 200 + men teams and I budget that surelly is much higher than the Dead Rising 50 million. Was that shit really worth it? You could have made more awesome Phoenix Wright and Viewtiful Joe games with a tiny fraction of that budget or workforce.

Capcom, you are dead for me. I am adding you to my "japanese developers that are not cool anymore" list along with Konami and SE.

besides the demo, have you even played the full game? If not..... well, you know what I'm getting at. Play it first.

Just kiss the tip.

PSXextreme review:

PSXExtreme (Polish multi-platform magazine, NOT the website)

Score: 9-/10

- Outside of co-op, it's basically RE4 HD.
- Story info: The game explains how the virus came into existance, describes events that happened even before RE0 and sheds new light on a few things. Las Plagas are also involved in the African incident.

- The destructability of the environment has been somewhat improved but it's still limited to what the designers allow us to destroy.

- Sheva's AI is pretty good: she moves away from our line of fire, provides help when needed, pick up ammo and herbs that the player misses and so on.

- Co-op is fantastic and he really likes that a second player can join in at any given moment (though if a person does join us we are automatically brought back to the last activated checkpoint)

- There's no merchant in the game, all our weapon purchases/ upgrades are carried out in a menu accessed between chapters. On that note, you're always short on cash because there's a plethora of weapons to buy/ upgrade. (about the Upgrade system: you upgrade the Firepower, Reload Speed, Capacity and Critical Hit %)

- He says that the biggest "issue" in the game is the control system. It's a like it or leave it relationship. He, himself, states that at first he had a negative approach to this archaic control scheme but now he understands that it was a conscious design decision. This control scheme lets the enemies get the drop on us and makes the game more challenging.

- The context sensitive cover system is introduced along with the gun wielding Majini.

- He mentions that he wishes this game would have more trickier to take down foes like the Regenerators in RE4.

- The boss fights are a bit worse than in RE4.

- The says that the villige looks phenomenal (especially durning the day) but it goes downhill from there. The Factory and the Caves lack finesse, however, the latter can mesmerize you with its lightining effects and excellent texture work.

- The "puzzles" (if you can call them that) in RE5 boil down to go there, get the key, turn the velve and so on.

- The game looks a bit better on the Xbox360 but those are minute details which likely most people won't even notice.

- The character models are top notch.

- The characters themselves are rather bland personality-wise. The dialogues in the game are rather mediocre, however, the voice acting is fine.

- The story as a whole is rather bland, predictable and unispired but RE fans will be satisfied with it.

- It took him 12 hours to complete the game but he immediately returned to it because of the plentiful bonuses and unlockables.

Some side notes:
- Monsters from RE1 will make a comeback.

- They were forbidded by CAPCOM to write about a certain someone appearing in the game, the bonus mode and the other unlockables, certain locations in the game, print screenshots from the final chapter of the game or those showcasing QTEs.

source

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ItsaMii said:
Onyxmeth said:

Resident Evil 3 is the worst Resident Evil? Seriously? You'd think the original has aged worse than 3 did.

I don`t get it. Are trying to make a point or just object to my claims? Goldeneye did not age well at all. Even so, try telling someone that played Goldeneye at its released time that Rogue Agent or Quantum of Solace is much better.

RE 3 was shoter than any other in the series, had no option for a second character and did not have good replay value (epilogues and costumes are not enough to make you play through the game again). The plot was more of a side story. Nemesis was a crappy idea for a boss/enemy. He was more annoying than scary. You knew he was coming. The Tyrant from RE 2 was much better.

GoldenEye is much better than Rogue Agent or Quantum of Solace.  I put on GoldenEye again after playing QoS to make sure that I wasn't crazy.  The controls are dated and so are the graphics, but the fast paced action of the multiplayer is still second to none.

On topic.  If RE 5 is only 7-8 hours, than that's extremely sad and Capcom should be ashamed of themselves.  I would expect the game to be around 20 hours. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger