By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The price of a next gen title screen - RE 5 is 7-8 hours long

If true... big time ouch.

Its like getting to the end of the village in RE4, and... the game ending.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I'm going to wait for a more reputable outlet to verify the game's length.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

...finally decided it was time to update my sig - including "quick" estimates for hardware at the end of '09.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I find it hard to believe that it will be 7-8 hours long when Capcom has already said it will be about 30 hours long.

I'll still be buying the game as I loved RE4 and I especially loved the RE5 demo. If you were going to buy RE5 in the first place this news wouldn't stop you.

I don't think the amount of time it takes to play through the game should really matter. I am sure there will be lots of extra incentives to continue playing after you finish the game. Not that I am planning on buying Resident Evil 5 any time soon but the games length shouldn't be the deciding factor in buying the game. That being said I agree that Resident Evil 3 was far and away the worst Resident Evil game ever. I just remember how disappointed I was with it after the brilliant Resident Evil 2!!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
ItsaMii said:
Onyxmeth said:

Resident Evil 3 is the worst Resident Evil? Seriously? You'd think the original has aged worse than 3 did.

I don`t get it. Are trying to make a point or just object to my claims? Goldeneye did not age well at all. Even so, try telling someone that played Goldeneye at its released time that Rogue Agent or Quantum of Solace is much better.

RE 3 was shoter than any other in the series, had no option for a second character and did not have good replay value (epilogues and costumes are not enough to make you play through the game again). The plot was more of a side story. Nemesis was a crappy idea for a boss/enemy. He was more annoying than scary. You knew he was coming. The Tyrant from RE 2 was much better.

The Tyrant in RE2 was shit, you escaped from him by walking (not even running) to the nearest door, and even on hardest difficulty you only need shoot him with a magnum twice in the final fight to get the rocket launcher thrown to you.   In RE3 Nemesis was the one with the rocket launcher!  He took a lot more shots to kill, and if you tried to run he would actually chase you from room to room.

RE3 has more replay value than any game of the series, -any-, the huge number of different routes and actions and various story scenes that differ each playthrough meant that you could play through multiple times and still get different shocks and story that you never saw before.

It seems like one man`s crap is another man`s treasure. You like what I hate about RE 3, so there will be no convincing from either side.

What I dislike about Nemesis is that it was overdone. You could fight him like 8-10 times through the game without counting boss fights. He was a threat the 1st or 2nd encounters only. Do you think that a 200+ KG monter that gets pushed off a bridge by a 55 KG woman is a threat? He was so lame. Shoot some explosives he dies, push him off the bridge he is gone, enter the RCPD and he magically stops following you. Just exit the zone (usually 2 or 3 rooms) he patrols  and he is gone. Also I don`t think the Magnum comparison is fair. There were 1 or 2 magnum clips thru the entire RE 2 and only Leon could equip it. In RE 3 I would make 48 magnum rounds plus the other 2 or 3 I found around. Fighting Nemesis was never a big deal considering how much ammo there was in the game or that the enviroment could do the dirty work (acid, explosives, light bulb, giant cannon). Also Nemesis encounters were not scary. Tyrant breaking a wall after you solve a puzzle that was scary. Tyrant breaking another wall on the opposite side from the room you just left him, that was really scary. Nemesis would announce his presence with STARS and give you enough time to exit the room.

I think the replay value you talk about is an illusion (my feelings, not saying you are blind). What I mean is there weren`t a lot of choices. There was always the bad choice and the good choice or the good and the best (run from Nemesis or kill him and get a item). The "routes" were really limited and most of them connected along the way. I can only think of the power plant and church. Also the random puzzles sucked for replays. There were like 5 different puzzles options and they really annoy me when I was just replaying the game for ranks or epilogue.

I agree that Code Veronica was no big deal either, but RE 3 was the crappier one. It was a main RE and much shorter than CV (at least the complete version). There are so many things that I hate about RE 3. They changed Jill to a slutty character, there were less bosses (Nemesis crap), ammo system was annoying, the choices weren`t really choices, the different routes just took you to a different starting place, there was no 2nd playable character (for more than 10 minutes), the mercenaries minigame was crap compared to Hunk in RE 2, the plot was chesier than ever (try to watch that crappy intro without laughing "the wheels of destiny begin to turn" ...) and there were only 2 lame endings.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I dont think its as short as that, Im calling it just a rumor. I loved the demo, more than I have enjoyed the other RE I have played, the graphics, effects, and gameplay are cool and I will be buying this one. I think, and the thread title kinda makes me, that some are just angry about it not being on the wii, and claiming by this that its more of the same thing with better graphics just like the rest of the PS360 games according to some of them.

If the length of this game is to be believed, it's really too bad.

I've said this before, but this gen seems like a transitional phase. We have all of this great technology, but it often seems too expensive for many developers and publishers to work with. Games look better than they ever have, but they're not getting any longer.

Not that I need every game to be fifties of hours or anything, but when I'm paying 70 bucks for a new game, I expect it to entertain me for a while.

all RE games have been around 7-8 hours or less, i don't get your complaints. i can't help but generalize, and think you're a bitter wii fan who's still mad at capcom for not jumping on the wii bandwagon.

arsenal009 said:
darendt said:
Thats what happens you need to fit the game into 6GB DVD. It wouldnt be as bad though if they actually got the controls right. The DEMO was unplayable. Horrible controls. It looks nice, but plays pretty bad.

RE4 has great controls & it fits into less than 6GB DVD  :o

@soriku

Thanks for info  :)

Great controls for you maybe. There is way too much time in between weapon changes, the button layot is horrible, running sucks, yeah pretty much everything was bad. Then again I am one who cant stand the Wii controls either.