By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The price of a next gen title screen - RE 5 is 7-8 hours long

ItsaMii said:
superchunk said:
Funny. Reading your OP and really thinking about your comments and others I have read suddenly make me feel overall better that it didn't come to Wii. Because RE4Wii Edition sounds like it blows it away AND I have the Wiimote to play it with. :)

/superchunk: fanboy edition

Then pray for its success. If RE 5 underperform (hard to say for a title of this caliber, maybe less than 2 million combined sales) there will be a Wii version. With the RE4 engine, gray low poligon enemies, the same brain dead AI and more waggle than your mom asked for. RE 5 SD title screen version, CO-OP removed and fun new minigames like punch the zombie, herb mix and shoot the cans.

If RE5 is a success, what's to stop them from putting it on PS360 again?

Btw, don't worry, if the next one came on the Wii it won't have minigames & the like, it'll be at on rails shooter lolol

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
superchunk said:
Funny. Reading your OP and really thinking about your comments and others I have read suddenly make me feel overall better that it didn't come to Wii. Because RE4Wii Edition sounds like it blows it away AND I have the Wiimote to play it with. :)

/superchunk: fanboy edition

Then pray for its success. If RE 5 underperform (hard to say for a title of this caliber, maybe less than 2 million combined sales) there will be a Wii version. With the RE4 engine, gray low poligon enemies, the same brain dead AI and more waggle than your mom asked for. RE 5 SD title screen version, CO-OP removed and fun new minigames like punch the zombie, herb mix and shoot the cans.

Nah, now that I've read a great deal about the final product and knowing how Dead Rising turned out. I'll just wait for a completely new RE on Wii at a later time.

Especially, once they get buyer reaction to this game they will realize where they went wrong for 4 to 5 and make 6 a must own RE... on Wii. :)

KylieDog said:
ItsaMii said:

What I did not expect was that RE 5 developers were aiming to take RE 3 "worst RE ever" trophy.

Is this a joke?  RE 3 is probably the second best game in the series, after REmake.

I mean, are they even suggestiont he crappy Outbreak, GBC or Gun Survivor (2 especially...wtf) games are better?

More reason this article is bollocks.

I am perpride, and I support this message.

Wow if its really only 8 hours it is a real shame, i mean i love RE games mainly because of their good story, and how much story (or backstories) can be told in 8 hours? That probably will be filled with constant action looking at how shootery the franchise has become.

4 years of Developing to deliver an 8 hour game? It's a Joke, RE 4 took me about 16-18 hours to complete and it was purely one of the best games i have ever played. First time i've played RE 0 it took me 12 hours. But i eventually get this game just to play on my friends xbox

ItsaMii said:
Onyxmeth said:
ItsaMii said:
Onyxmeth said:

Resident Evil 3 is the worst Resident Evil? Seriously? You'd think the original has aged worse than 3 did.

I don`t get it. Are trying to make a point or just object to my claims? Goldeneye did not age well at all. Even so, try telling someone that played Goldeneye at its released time that Rogue Agent or Quantum of Solace is much better.

RE 3 was shoter than any other in the series, had no option for a second character and did not have good replay value (epilogues and costumes are not enough to make you play through the game again). The plot was more of a side story. Nemesis was a crappy idea for a boss/enemy. He was more annoying than scary. You knew he was coming. The Tyrant from RE 2 was much better.

Most of your complaints just described Code Veronica, which came on more powerful hardware and a year later. So again, why is RE3 the worst? Plus, most people love Nemesis as an enemy. He makes a lot of top 10 lists of villains. I wouldn't even be bringing this up but you seemed to present "RE3 as worst ever" as basic fact, which it isn't.

Also about your Goldeneye example, those other games came on more powerful consoles and that has aided them in being better. Name me a James Bond game on 5th gen hardware that is better than Goldeneye.

Translation: I am just disagreeing with you for the sake of disagreeing. I have no idea what you are disagreeing with. RE 3 is the worst in the series. Well, unless you count Gun Survivor and other spin offs as part of the series. Choose your standard: Metacritic, user reviews, fan opinions, number of remakes. RE 3 is the worst. That is the closest to fact that you will ever get (considering tastes are subjective). I would like to add that I did not say that my opinions are facts, but I will say that my opinions are worth more than yours especially when it comes to RE series. Get over it.

Your James Bond arguments are confusing. Why are you mixing stuff like different console generations? All I said is that aging better is not a good measure to game quality. Bad games may age better than great classics. That is why Goldeneye is better than any other 007 game. It was amazing and revolutionary when it came out, not more of the same generic crap.

I only count the RE's that play like RE's and I'd have to say that given how dated they were at the time they arrived, Code Veronica, RE Zero and Outbreak 1 & 2, were much worse than RE3, which at least had tank controls before other series had undoubtedly improved on the formula. All of your criteria with Meta, fans, etc. all lend Outbreak 1 & 2 as the worst by far so no good there. Your opinions being worth more than mine is hilarious considering you don't even sound like a fan of the series, are bitching about the newest one, and don't have an HD console to play it on anyways. I figured a long time RE fan such as yourself would at least own the console the newest is coming out on. However the title of your thread says perfectly what the true intentions of this thread are, bitter tears.

It was amazing and revolutionary when it came out, not more of the same generic crap.

Funny how that line of yours describes the RE series eventual downfall in gameplay perfectly well, lending to what I said that each iteration of tank controls, box puzzles, and a mountain of keys just got worst than the last, making RE3 much more acceptable based on it's time it came out than Code Veronica, RE Zero and the two Outbreaks were.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Regardless I'm still getting RE5, coop was very addictive

It's like I always say:

This gen blows.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Itsamii

Stick to Nintendo. That's probably the only thing you'll ever like, no offence.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

i was so stoked for RE5 then i played the demo, and ill admit it turned me away but then i played it over and over and i actually started enjoying it. Even if its only 8 hours long that will be ok cause this bad boy is just a rental.......atleast for now

I will have to express my opinion on RE5 though. I will get it day 1 for sure since it is a RE and i am a diehard RE fan, but I still think its just RE4 buffed up and dont really offer anything much new and more of a big dissapointment and let down than any other RE game from the demo i tried and trailers.

I TAKE NO SIDES