By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Good to see vg bais like always.

RolStoppable said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Rath said:
Moderators arent robots, Im almost certain that BK was saying that in a humorous and exaggerated manner. Its kind of lime me saying, "You didnt like ocarina? And you call yourself a human!".
Taking comments to seriously and out of context doesnt make the person who made them a poor moderator.

Human or not, he's here to set an example. When you throw out blanket terms that cover thousands of members/potential members of a site that is percievable as an attack against them you're setting a pretty shitty example. It doesn't matter if he meant it as a joke, because it didn't come off as a joke. It didn't sound humorous at all, it sounded like he has a low opion of me simply because I think Half_Life isn't worth my time.

That's like saying GBallZach is an exmplary member of these forums. You're insulting everyone on this site by even suggesting that Ben is representing the attitude that is expected of VGcharts members. If that's the attitude the average VGC member should present you may as well ban me now, because this place is going to turn into a shit factory faster than you can cry "KwaadGBallZachHus."

It is NEVER appropriate to say another person is not a Human Being. Never.


What about saying that another person has no soul? Is this never appropriate as well?

Because that's what the head mod (stof) said last night about another person.


I think this is some type of international cultural or language difference. In the US, in casual context, that just is not any worse than saying "Oh, you devil" or "I almost died...insert some thing here like: when the party goers popped out and said "surprise".



I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Those things you really can't say, especially not when you're a mod. IMO a moderator should give the example of how to be and stay modest at any time and calming people down who're crossing the line of having a decent conversation.

Indeed, saying someone hasn't got a soul is "even" within the Netherlands an insult. Every culture has it's own expressions, and even though they might be harmless, it can be interpreted wrong. Therefore I try not to make comments which may be insulted to other cultures. All before I know it I use an expression which I may hurt others with, and I really don't feel like doing that ;)

Edit: I'd like to say I personally have no hard feelings against any of the mods around here. I appreciate everyone for doing a hard work and doing their job as good as possible. A bit of criticizing is never harmful as every person can learn from that, right?



PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

ChichiriMuyo said:

Rath, as Rol just said: "Ben just called me not Human." I, frankly, don't appreciate ANYONE saying that I'm not Human. It's insulting, degrading, and it makes this entire site look bad. It's behavior that shouldn't be tolerated from regular users, let alone moderators. I will not standby and let someone demean me like that simply because my TASTE varies from theirs.

Until you point out Cklmb insinuating that other people are less valuable as human beings for not sharing his opinion I'm going to have to say your comments are bullocks. Sweaty, hairy, uncleaned bullocks.

I'm not asking for the moderators to be perfect, just that they act like decent people. Calling someone "not Human" simply because they don't like the rubbish games you hail as god is not decency. It's immature, and as I've said it makes the entire site look bad as he is a representative of it.

And while you're right that it can be said of any group of fans, that doesn't make it right.  I mean, let's put this into comparison:  If a white man has a slave, does that make it okay for a black man to own a slave?  No, slavery is wrong in principle.  If you murder someone in cold blood without any cause (let alone a just one) and get away with it, does that make it okay for me to murder someone?  No, murder is wrong in principle.  Likewise, it doesn't (or rather, shouldn't...) matter who you are, insulting someone simply for not being a clone of you is wrong in principle, and shouldn't be accepted from anyone. 

It should be LESS exceptable for a moderator, though, as they are here not just here to monitor us but to set appropriate examples of how we are supposed to act.  And if BenKenobi is an approriate example, then it is perfectly fair for me to demean anyone I choose for any reason I choose based soley on my own personal tastes.  If Ben is my role model, then I can simply state "your existance is a waste" to you and not only go unpunished but hold the highest possition availabel opn this site to anyone other than ioi.  Is that the sort of person you want moderating?

 

 This made me crack up so much.  Benkenobi was obviously joking with this person, someone who obviously got the joke.  Like he seriously was trying to hurt that person's feelings.

You also called Benkenobi a TROLL in you other post!!!  Years of experience from doing it yourself you say.  How do we know your not just doing that right now. 

I'll tell you where your problem comes in.  You say you have years of experience, so you can recognize this kind of behavior.  I say you have been in this forum world too long. If Benkenobi is "trolling" he is not doing it on purpose, or in such an offensive manner.  This is my first time on a forum and the only forum I go to.  When I was first here someone said I was trolling....I didn't even know what trolling was at the time.  I doubt Ben has years of experience as he is still young, and the behavior your accusing him of, is just him being a normal person.  It's hard to explain, but it's like your vast experience has actually made you see things that are not really happening.  Maybe your accusation of him being a troll would be true, if he actually trolled as long as you say you did. 

Also, stop taking everything so seriously.

 



naznatips said:
Well, what thread are you talking about Killzone? I'm looking through recent topics and not seeing anything insulting or attacking the PS3.

 http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6144&start=0

@ChichiriMuyo

I agree that moderators have to be professional to a degree, but that doesn't mean they don't have bias or that they are immune to provication.  If you think he has tresspassed, you seem to reference the him calling someone not human, then show us the thread so we can judge.  Or perhaps more approiatetly report his post.  It is hard to judge what you say when we don't have an an example with its full context (ie the thread it was posted in).



steven787 said:
RolStoppable said:

What about saying that another person has no soul? Is this never appropriate as well?

Because that's what the head mod (stof) said last night about another person.


I think this is some type of international cultural or language difference. In the US, in casual context, that just is not any worse than saying "Oh, you devil" or "I almost died...insert some thing here like: when the party goers popped out and said "surprise".


Well, I called stof having no soul as well which later on earned me a temporary ban...



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
ps4owner said:
naznatips said:
Well, what thread are you talking about Killzone? I'm looking through recent topics and not seeing anything insulting or attacking the PS3.

Its called the Sony part of the forums you're in it all the time, along with the rest of the wii owners bashing the shit out of Sony.

The forum is called "Sony Discussion" not "Sony Fanboy land". the purpose is to discuss things Sony, it's not a sacred land where only the initiated can enter. Stop bitching about it, I don't see any Wii fans bitching when someone discusses negative things about Nintendo in the Nintendo Discussion forum.

 



Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Jeez.Jeez.Jeez. if u dont like the way this site runs then rack off.. if ioi didn't like the way his site was being managed he would change it... stop bashing the mods



Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
RolStoppable said:
steven787 said:
RolStoppable said:

What about saying that another person has no soul? Is this never appropriate as well?

Because that's what the head mod (stof) said last night about another person.


I think this is some type of international cultural or language difference. In the US, in casual context, that just is not any worse than saying "Oh, you devil" or "I almost died...insert some thing here like: when the party goers popped out and said "surprise".


Well, I called stof having no soul as well which later on earned me a temporary ban...


 Yeah that was awful harsh, worst 2 minutes of your life or so I hear.



RolStoppable said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Rath said:
Moderators arent robots, Im almost certain that BK was saying that in a humorous and exaggerated manner. Its kind of lime me saying, "You didnt like ocarina? And you call yourself a human!".
Taking comments to seriously and out of context doesnt make the person who made them a poor moderator.

Human or not, he's here to set an example. When you throw out blanket terms that cover thousands of members/potential members of a site that is percievable as an attack against them you're setting a pretty shitty example. It doesn't matter if he meant it as a joke, because it didn't come off as a joke. It didn't sound humorous at all, it sounded like he has a low opion of me simply because I think Half_Life isn't worth my time.

That's like saying GBallZach is an exmplary member of these forums. You're insulting everyone on this site by even suggesting that Ben is representing the attitude that is expected of VGcharts members. If that's the attitude the average VGC member should present you may as well ban me now, because this place is going to turn into a shit factory faster than you can cry "KwaadGBallZachHus."

It is NEVER appropriate to say another person is not a Human Being. Never.


What about saying that another person has no soul? Is this never appropriate as well?

Because that's what the head mod (stof) said last night about another person. 

Not everyone believes in souls, and there is no actual evidence to support the existance of such a thing.  Human beings are real.  There is a massive difference in the two.  If someone said I have no soul, then I would happily accept their statement as it is a wholly believable thing and far less insulting even if it weren't true. 
There is, however, no doubt that I am a human being.  To even suggest otherwise is insulting.  It doesn't matter what my culture or beliefs are (to those who mention it), such things simply should not be said.  I can't even imagine a group of people who are willing to accept being told that they deserve so little respect.
Again, some of you think he meant it as a joke but there is nothing to indicate it is so.  This is the internet, there is no tone of voice, and if he doesn't want to insult people he shouldn't say insulting things.  I can't see a smirk on his face, I can't hear a mischievious tone in his voice.  All I can see are the words: "you aren't as good as me becasue you don't agree with me."  And I've seen that in plenty of his posts in the past. 
At this point it's not just insulting my intelligence to let this go unnoticed, it really is a challenge to my status as a human being.


You do not have the right to never be offended.

i don't see a lot of that...



Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man