By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Good to see vg bais like always.

ps4owner said:
naznatips said:
Well, what thread are you talking about Killzone? I'm looking through recent topics and not seeing anything insulting or attacking the PS3.

Its called the Sony part of the forums you're in it all the time, along with the rest of the wii owners bashing the shit out of Sony.

Wait a minute, werent you just in the Nintendo forum saying MP3 looked the same as the previous two iterations?

Pot: Hey Kettle!

Kettle: Yeah Pot?

Pot: Your black! 

Around the Network
ps4owner said:
naznatips said:
Well, what thread are you talking about Killzone? I'm looking through recent topics and not seeing anything insulting or attacking the PS3.

Its called the Sony part of the forums you're in it all the time, along with the rest of the wii owners bashing the shit out of Sony.

You want to pull some of that so called bashing out of my posting history?  Or are you just going to insult people and troll until you are banned? 

I really don't see the purpose in these threads being made once a week when the creators and complainers are never even able to site specific incidents (not counting Soriku, who has been warned and banned in the past). 

RolStoppable said:
Actually I am on Rath's side on this one. I don't mind being called "not human" if it happens in the context of the thread Ben said it in. Ben is a lot around on this forum and has to read a whole lot of crap, it doesn't surprise me that he gets upset (like in that Valve thread) once in a while.

What makes the site look bad is that people like Killzone3 are still not banned for creating a thread like the one we are talking in right now.

See my above post and see who is the troll.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Rath said:
Moderators arent robots, Im almost certain that BK was saying that in a humorous and exaggerated manner. Its kind of lime me saying, "You didnt like ocarina? And you call yourself a human!".
Taking comments to seriously and out of context doesnt make the person who made them a poor moderator.

Human or not, he's here to set an example.  When you throw out blanket terms that cover thousands of members/potential members of a site that is percievable as an attack against them you're setting a pretty shitty example.  It doesn't matter if he meant it as a joke, because it didn't come off as a joke.  It didn't sound humorous at all, it sounded like he has a low opion of me simply because I think Half_Life isn't worth my time. 

That's like saying GBallZach is an exmplary member of these forums.  You're insulting everyone on this site by even suggesting that Ben is representing the attitude that is expected of VGcharts members.  If that's the attitude the average VGC member should present you may as well ban me now, because this place is going to turn into a shit factory faster than you can cry "KwaadGBallZachHus."

It is NEVER appropriate to say another person is not a Human Being.  Never.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Killzone3,

Whilst most of us generally are negative about the PS3, this isn't because we are all fanboys. Speaking for myself, I never owned a PS2, but that's because all my friends and a roommate for a period of time had one. I loved it and loved the controller. There were so many awesome games. I have spent many happy hours playing the PS2 with friends and alone. I fully intend to buy one (or a PS3 if backwards compatibility and the price are good enough) in the future and play all the games that I missed. I am living in Japan for a while now and want to study Japanese so am avoiding getting one (I'm not so good with temptation).

I also had a Sony TV for about 3 years and have a Sony digital camera. I think on the whole Sony make great products and I respect that. I am not anti-Sony.

However, most of my posts on the PS3 are negative (not talking it down, but talking honestly about its weaknesses). Why? I believe they have made mess of it. They have come from the overwhelming success of the PS2 to be in a battle for third place. The PS3 is apparently hard to develop for. It is exceedingly expensive and there are not enough really good games for it now or coming out any time soon. Developer support is shifting away from them after their surprisingly weak sales. It is all looking pretty bad. On top of this they company seems to constantly shoot themselves in the foot with arrogant statements (not to mention astroturfing). They appear unable to admit mistake and that there is the slightest weakness in the PS3 or their plans. I think they have done and are continuing to do a horrible job with the PS3. This is all quite arguable, but the sales speak for themselves.

So, it is not surprising to see a lot of negativity about the PS3 now, just as it is not surprising a lot of positivity about the Wii. The Wii is kicking ass and the PS3 is doing average so it is natural that the forum threads and articles that are posted on news sites reflect this. This is just the current gaming landscape.

In regards tot the article you posted, it was negative press for the PS3. It implied that the PS3 was harder to code for and so people talked about this. It wasn't derailed.

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:
Rath said:
Moderators arent robots, Im almost certain that BK was saying that in a humorous and exaggerated manner. Its kind of lime me saying, "You didnt like ocarina? And you call yourself a human!".
Taking comments to seriously and out of context doesnt make the person who made them a poor moderator.

Human or not, he's here to set an example. When you throw out blanket terms that cover thousands of members/potential members of a site that is percievable as an attack against them you're setting a pretty shitty example. It doesn't matter if he meant it as a joke, because it didn't come off as a joke. It didn't sound humorous at all, it sounded like he has a low opion of me simply because I think Half_Life isn't worth my time.

That's like saying GBallZach is an exmplary member of these forums. You're insulting everyone on this site by even suggesting that Ben is representing the attitude that is expected of VGcharts members. If that's the attitude the average VGC member should present you may as well ban me now, because this place is going to turn into a shit factory faster than you can cry "KwaadGBallZachHus."

It is NEVER appropriate to say another person is not a Human Being. Never.

Then I suggest you pm him and ask him for an apology and to remove it from his post, I'm sure he would be happy to oblige.

I  still think your taking all of this way to seriously, what he said is in my eyes not that serious. Out of interest is there a cultural or religous reason for you taking so much offense from it? If so you cannot really expect everyone to know enough about your culture/religion to avoid offending it. If not, then you really are taking it way to seriously.

thermal, I highly doubt Killzone3 is talking about you even with his blanket terms (which I will admit are no mre appropriate than Ben's, relatively speaking). Most of the PS3 fans aren't lashing out against anyone who thinks the PS3 is in for rough times, they are lashing out against people who constantly act as if the PS3 is already dead and that their point of view is the ultimate truth of the god damned universe when less than a year has been spent on the current generation's war.

Nothing is set in stone, and it's frankly insulting when people are downright demeaning towards people who point out that fact.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

RolStoppable said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Rath said:

Human or not, he's here to set an example. When you throw out blanket terms that cover thousands of members/potential members of a site that is percievable as an attack against them you're setting a pretty shitty example. It doesn't matter if he meant it as a joke, because it didn't come off as a joke. It didn't sound humorous at all, it sounded like he has a low opion of me simply because I think Half_Life isn't worth my time.

That's like saying GBallZach is an exmplary member of these forums. You're insulting everyone on this site by even suggesting that Ben is representing the attitude that is expected of VGcharts members. If that's the attitude the average VGC member should present you may as well ban me now, because this place is going to turn into a shit factory faster than you can cry "KwaadGBallZachHus."

It is NEVER appropriate to say another person is not a Human Being. Never.

What about saying that another person has no soul? Is this never appropriate as well?

Because that's what the head mod (stof) said last night about another person.

I think this is some type of international cultural or language difference. In the US, in casual context, that just is not any worse than saying "Oh, you devil" or "I almost died...insert some thing here like: when the party goers popped out and said "surprise".

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Those things you really can't say, especially not when you're a mod. IMO a moderator should give the example of how to be and stay modest at any time and calming people down who're crossing the line of having a decent conversation.

Indeed, saying someone hasn't got a soul is "even" within the Netherlands an insult. Every culture has it's own expressions, and even though they might be harmless, it can be interpreted wrong. Therefore I try not to make comments which may be insulted to other cultures. All before I know it I use an expression which I may hurt others with, and I really don't feel like doing that ;)

Edit: I'd like to say I personally have no hard feelings against any of the mods around here. I appreciate everyone for doing a hard work and doing their job as good as possible. A bit of criticizing is never harmful as every person can learn from that, right?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

ChichiriMuyo said:

Rath, as Rol just said: "Ben just called me not Human." I, frankly, don't appreciate ANYONE saying that I'm not Human. It's insulting, degrading, and it makes this entire site look bad. It's behavior that shouldn't be tolerated from regular users, let alone moderators. I will not standby and let someone demean me like that simply because my TASTE varies from theirs.

Until you point out Cklmb insinuating that other people are less valuable as human beings for not sharing his opinion I'm going to have to say your comments are bullocks. Sweaty, hairy, uncleaned bullocks.

I'm not asking for the moderators to be perfect, just that they act like decent people. Calling someone "not Human" simply because they don't like the rubbish games you hail as god is not decency. It's immature, and as I've said it makes the entire site look bad as he is a representative of it.

And while you're right that it can be said of any group of fans, that doesn't make it right.  I mean, let's put this into comparison:  If a white man has a slave, does that make it okay for a black man to own a slave?  No, slavery is wrong in principle.  If you murder someone in cold blood without any cause (let alone a just one) and get away with it, does that make it okay for me to murder someone?  No, murder is wrong in principle.  Likewise, it doesn't (or rather, shouldn't...) matter who you are, insulting someone simply for not being a clone of you is wrong in principle, and shouldn't be accepted from anyone. 

It should be LESS exceptable for a moderator, though, as they are here not just here to monitor us but to set appropriate examples of how we are supposed to act.  And if BenKenobi is an approriate example, then it is perfectly fair for me to demean anyone I choose for any reason I choose based soley on my own personal tastes.  If Ben is my role model, then I can simply state "your existance is a waste" to you and not only go unpunished but hold the highest possition availabel opn this site to anyone other than ioi.  Is that the sort of person you want moderating?

This made me crack up so much.  Benkenobi was obviously joking with this person, someone who obviously got the joke.  Like he seriously was trying to hurt that person's feelings.

You also called Benkenobi a TROLL in you other post!!!  Years of experience from doing it yourself you say.  How do we know your not just doing that right now. 

I'll tell you where your problem comes in.  You say you have years of experience, so you can recognize this kind of behavior.  I say you have been in this forum world too long. If Benkenobi is "trolling" he is not doing it on purpose, or in such an offensive manner.  This is my first time on a forum and the only forum I go to.  When I was first here someone said I was trolling....I didn't even know what trolling was at the time.  I doubt Ben has years of experience as he is still young, and the behavior your accusing him of, is just him being a normal person.  It's hard to explain, but it's like your vast experience has actually made you see things that are not really happening.  Maybe your accusation of him being a troll would be true, if he actually trolled as long as you say you did. 

Also, stop taking everything so seriously.