By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears and not God of War deserves the acronym GOW.

BTFeather55 said:
God of War is GoW because the acronym was just another thing that Epic ripped off of the better games from last gen while creating Gears. And MK is still Mortal Kombat.

Hahaha

You do realize that God of War borrowed all of its gameplay from other titles, right?

Around the Network

i allways mean gears when i type GOW!

GOW = God of War
GoW= Gears of War

Gears over God, allways...

There's a difference between borrowing elements from other games and improving upon them as God of War did and in borrowing elements that were used much better in earlier games, then simplifying them and turning them into a one trick cover system as Gears did then hoping that no one notices.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
wfz said:
Well Pharaoh, he's banned for about a month. :P I thought he was only banned until the beginning of March for the flamebait thread he made, but now it's extended almost a month longer. He couldn't possibly do anything against TOS to make his ban longer while he was banned, so here are the options we're left with:

1) He was really banned for this
2) I remember incorrectly
3) His ban was accidentally lengthened while making the funny edit into the reason he was banned
4)????

Those, uh... those thirty days were tacked on.

Maybe he used an alternate ID?

Let's ask a mod.

Naz banned him for baiting because of his joke thread and he made an alt that Twes banned and extended Squilliams ban for, so MM changed it to something funny.

Edit: Squilliam has told me that he requested the extension to help him study, and just wanted something funny, the alt was only used to PM Twes.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I thought the word "of" is omitted in acronyms.

the reason squill gets banned is funny.... ps3 fanboy? it good for him to get banned cuz hes on 24/7 but i bet he still be reading vgchartz even right now :p

Did anybody try typing in "gow" on google? The first result is the Gears of War official website, hehe. Even after checking the first few pages there is absolutely no mention of god of war besides being in the "searches related to gow" section, even in that section there are more references to gears of war, as well!. That's pretty harsh if it's supposed to be the official game to use "gow". ;-p

edit: the 2nd result is the Gow School for Dyslexia and Learning Disabilities in case you were wondering.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"