By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - House of the Dead sold 20 000 in UK only !

20K first week nice

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

Yup, pretty good numbers indeed.

But I highly doubt that you'll get numbers for Germany, as the game is not released over here.

Still, expect something around 100K-120K for the week in others, which is still very impressive for a thhird party Wii game.

That's of course only if the rest of Europe follows the same pattern as the UK.

Money spent on gaming in 2009: €130,00

Nice.

Wow well done Sega! 100k first week for Others seems possible. Now using VGChartz wonderful database we can establish that:

- House of the Dead: 2 & 3 Return sold 21k in Others and 14k in America (rounded up) first week.

- American sales grew more than Others and in the end was 20k behind Others.

Based on this trend I'd say that American sales will be larger than a 1.4:2.1 ratio as more people will look at this as a sequel to 2 & 3.

Therefore I expect America to sell around 0.8 times the amount of Others so that would end up being around 80k.

Japan's week 1 was just a little bit lower than Americas last time however it had no legs really. We can assume then that the sales will be around the same as they were for 2 & 3 (ratio wise, otherwise pen then in for 13k) which means Japanese sales will be around 60k.

That would put the sales at either:

HotD:OK ~200k (Bad Japan)

HotD:OK ~240k (Good Japan)

150k first week is good?

Am I missing something?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
150k first week is good?

Am I missing something?

Yes 

The Umbrella Chronicles is a million seller. It did 237k first week. Isn't that an on-rails shooter?

Granted, most of those sales were in Japan.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@ Kantor

thats possibly becuase resident evil is a stronger frnachise than house of the dead, particularly on consoles.

plus i dont think the game is released in Japan yet

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

fabinou said:

I think this is a very good number consediring that next week , we will have numbers for the rest of PAL region  (France, Germany, Spain, Italy...and Australia).

(This game is released on 13th in UK and 19th in rest of Europe)

I hope it might sold 60K first Week in europe and 60K more for NA. 

And perhaps 1Million LTD, as Shaun White. Who knows ?

Wait and see :)

The game will not be released in germany so many german gamers order the game in uk or austria. I think that helped the uk numbers a bit.

You're right, z100. I have forgotten this.