By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict the IGN Metroid Review

I agree, with you guys that a 9.5 is a very respectable score, and leaves room for improvement. I don't think they needed to find a whole lot of problems with it to give it a 9.5... I mean I am glad it didn't get a 10. It's not perfect, and too many games are given 10s even though they aren't perfect. I think Bioshock is a great example of this. The game is amazing, but it's not FLAWLESS, and that's what the score 10 should be reserved for. There are only two games I have ever played that I felt deserved a 10: Chrono Trigger and Ocarina of Time.

Edit: I made a topic to combine the review topics. We don't really need to flood all of the forums for this one game hehe.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6162&start=-0

Around the Network

I have played also played two games that deserve a perfect 10. Metroid Prime and Golden Sun. =D

That said seeing the video reviews I think MP3 deserved a better score. And for some reason I don't think SSBB will get a better score. SMG a definate yes but not SSBB. I just have an inkling lol

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

9.5 is a fricking great score. 9.0 from 1 up is an amazing score. A lot of the people at this forum were swearing that they were goong to give it an 8.5. I'll take my 9 and be happy. I think some have lost sight of how good these scores are because of the Bioshock reviews. Just think, this could've ended up much worse.

i called it first.. :evil...(see post 2 in this thread.

Moved