By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict the IGN Metroid Review

Astrodust said:
OriGin said:
1% astro

It was 9.5 and I said 9.4 so that's .1% off.

.1 score off

1% off.

1% of 10 is 0.1

.1% of 10 is 0.01

Just being pedantic =oP

Around the Network
fazz said:

WTF?!

LOL!!! Now THAT'S funny. *images Androo mii on Samus & giggles*

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
OriGin said:
Astrodust said:
OriGin said:
1% astro

It was 9.5 and I said 9.4 so that's .1% off.

.1 score off

1% off.

1% of 10 is 0.1

.1% of 10 is 0.01

Just being pedantic =oP

Now I see. Still .1 off is good.

1UP review is up!! And Shane is not the reviewer :D - a 9. Not a bad score huh?

Link: http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3162330

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Yeah, don't whine about it being 9.5.

They say it's practically a better game than the original Prime, it's just hard to give it as high a rating because it's just not as revolutionary as the first Prime was.

But we're talking .3 difference...it's simply a must-have, and that's that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Who was right? I was right.

Ok thats enough being cocky, 9.5 is high enough in my opinion from what I have seen so far. If it manages a 95 average I will be as happy as a sock eating elephant.

RolStoppable said:

9.5 is an okay score, but after reading the whole review I fail to see why they took off 0.5 of the score. The things improved in the game seem to outweigh the still intact "flaws" (a few doors not opening instantly, a long quest at the end of the game).

Why complain about a lower overall difficulty when not have tried out the highest setting? Why complain about it being a sequel?

There is just too much praise in the review (best Wii game so far in gameplay and graphics, control setup works better than any dual stick control), the game obviously seems to have delivered at least that what fans and critics expected.

Anyway, what's more important than the score of 9.5 is that the game seems to be what I wanted it to be. Still two months to wait for this game. Damn.

I think you have to leave room for improvement. Also it's not so much that it's a sequel as it's not as original and lacks the initial impact of the first game. They also have to leave room for Galaxy to best it. I think Galaxy will get a higher rating. I just have a feeling. The platforming king will return.

How can anyone complain about a 9.5? It's not like they hand those out like Play. 9.5 is an amazing score and IGN stands right at the industry average for Wii reviews. Accept this as a very valid and well written review. I haven't read 1UP's yet, but I'm glad they didn't give the review to Shane.

I love the control scheme in Metroid. It is way more fun than a keyboard and mouse. I can't wait to get a 46 inch TV later this year and stand in front of it and blast away.

I am okay with 9.5. I wouldn't want any higher based on what they've said about the game. There is room for improvement. What if the next Metroid looks better, and has multiplayer or online. You have to leave some room to bump up the score. That said I think the next Metroid will be at least 2 years away. I think the guys at Retro are going to be given a new project next. I predict Icarus.