By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Arma II Officially Better Looking Than Crysis?

looks good, I won't be impressed until I see the actual game looking like that rather than videos...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Amazing, and so realistic! It's just a trailer though, it won't look like that in-game. Not even close.

That video looked a bit worse then both Killzone 2 and Crysis to me... I mean it looks good but some of the effects need to be worked out a bit for me to put it on par with Killzone then a lot more work needs to be put into it to make it like Crysis.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

^ pause the clip when the helicopters are lifting. Crisis doesn't even come close to those grafix.

(not that it has a realistic chance either, since the Arma II trailer is pre-rendered or something)

Slimebeast said:

^ pause the clip when the helicopters are lifting. Crisis doesn't even come close to those grafix.

(not that it has a realistic chance either, since the Arma II trailer is pre-rendered or something)

What part?  I got bored and looked away for a second and only saw the helicopters in the air and it still didn't impress me as much as Crysis.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

From the trailer (actual game won't look this good):

In-game (maybe):

In-game (see the terrain looks worse than in trailer):

The vegetation in Crysis looks better to me but that may just be in the eyes of the beholder, which is the main thing that makes Arma look kinda dull to me.

dude wtf is up with those pictures looking so screwed up. Video is good though. Character models look amazing, and most of the enviornment looked pretty good. Dust was kinda crappy, and vehicles models weren't really desirable. If they can improve those then yeah it's well on its way.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Nothing in game was shown in the video. Until you see an in game HUD, don't accept what you see as the real deal.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

The tech demo for operation flashpoint II looks damn good as well. It will be interesting to see how these games will stack up against each other down the line.